The SA Stars: Sorta Funny | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The SA Stars: Sorta Funny

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I agree. Seattle has enough scorers who can share the ball. And KLM is part of that when she is healthy. The only thing Plum can bring there is attendance. Sure there would be a spike at the beginning but her fans will stop coming after a while. Seattle has done very well with what they currently have except for some real post presence. I guess you think they would sit Sue and let Plum hawk the ball while Stewart and Loyd watch ?
I see absolutely no evidence that Kelsey Plum is a ball hawk. She always had the ball on her college team because she was the entire perimeter offense, and almost the entire offense -- so it was in the team's best interest that she do the majority of scoring. I don't see that she has any attitudinal problem with being a part of the offense rather than the entire offense. But I agree that she isn't a natural point guard, and with Moriah on the team, it makes no sense to shoehorn her into that role.

I also think it is puzzling, to say the least, that routine questions about the roster won't be answered by the GM and the coach. I don't agree that most teams don't answer such questions -- they may not be very specific and they may resort to bromides like "we're still working out how to use each player to best advantage", but they won't refuse to answer. The determined silence suggests to me that some personnel move (either a trade or possibly a suspension/dismissal) is in the works.

KML for Plum seems like a sensible trade to me. KML has not prospered in Seattle, even before her injury. She would give San Antonio more strength on the boards than Plum would seem to offer. I would see KML as a backup to McBride at SA, while Plum could fill the shooting guard role in Seattle that for some reason KML was never able to seize. And yes, attendance and fan interest would be a key benefit for Seattle in that trade. The question is whether San Antonio would feel that KML is enough compensation to give up Plum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom