The Rise of Andre Drummond | The Boneyard

The Rise of Andre Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Something positive to read in this otherwise gloomy day.

Link: http://www.si.com/nba/2015/01/13/andre-drummond-pistons-the-craft

""Every time I see a shot go up, it's like a pass to me," Drummond said. "Guys focus on points and getting assists. My goal is to go out and get 20 rebounds a night"

Nice quote considering "how lazy" he was according to those genius NBA scouts.

Good read

Reaction Score
In their defense, he kind of was lazy at times, that team severely underperformed considering the talent. The team just had more skill than heart, but we all know that UConn teams thrive on heart more than skills

Reaction Score
In their defense, he kind of was lazy at times, that team severely underperformed considering the talent. The team just had more skill than heart, but we all know that UConn teams thrive on heart more than skills

You are mistaking laziness with literally not knowing how to play basketball. He didn't know where to be on offense, or how to get into rebounding or defensive positioning. He was barely 18 and was so raw when he got here, he almost had no basketball IQ.

I doubt he got paid millions and then magically decided to try hard. Its that he is learning how to play basketball and use his enormous body and incredible athleticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom