The Ringer: Will Drummond Get Another Shot at Stardom | The Boneyard

The Ringer: Will Drummond Get Another Shot at Stardom

Reaction Score
Sounds like dre has ADHD. Hes motivated, but CANT focus. I wonder if some meds, meditation, or some other strategy could help him.

Also, dont like the deviated septum excuse. Its one clogged nostril, doesnt excuse abysmal ft shooting for 4 seasons.

Reaction Score
"He is a prototypical big man in a bygone era."

Way off. He's a great fit for today's nba with his speed and athleticism. Imagine him on a team like GS or the Rockets.

The pre-draft knock on him was his motor, and I always questioned whether it was a lack of motor/effort or a lack of understanding/knowing where to be and when. I don't watch many pistons games, but I assume this question is still valid.

Reaction Score
Sounds like dre has ADHD. Hes motivated, but CANT focus. I wonder if some meds, meditation, or some other strategy could help him.

Also, dont like the deviated septum excuse. Its one clogged nostril, doesnt excuse abysmal ft shooting for 4 seasons.

He cashed in on a max contract at the right time. They should have had a huge incentive for going 60%+ at the line. Imagine he only makes half of his 25ish mill a year if he falls below 60%. I think he finds a way past the ADHD. Can you blame someone for getting complacent once they've inked a $127 mil contract? It may have come too easy for him the first couple years.

I'm rooting hard for Dre. He is a CT guy and loved his Huskies. He had people in his inner circle pushing hard on him to go to post grad and skip college all together and he played for UCONN cause he was a fan and wanted the college experience.

Reaction Score
"He is a prototypical big man in a bygone era."

Way off. He's a great fit for today's nba with his speed and athleticism. Imagine him on a team like GS or the Rockets.

The pre-draft knock on him was his motor, and I always questioned whether it was a lack of motor/effort or a lack of understanding/knowing where to be and when. I don't watch many pistons games, but I assume this question is still valid.

This isn't really true either. Neither the Rox nor GSW would touch Dre with a 10 foot pole because of the FT issues and not being as great of a rim protector as he should be.

Reaction Score
C

Chief00

The article was silly. Obviously, he needs to work much more on his FTs - but he is a double/doubles dude.
The experience with the shooting coach is really strange and Dre is defensive about it in the article - next time I see him - I will see what really happened from AD’s perspective.

Reaction Score
The article was silly. Obviously, he needs to work much more on his FTs - but he is a double/doubles dude.
The experience with the shooting coach is really strange and Dre is defensive about it in the article - next time I see him - I will see what really happened from AD’s perspective.
I'm a fan of your work but you should probably never mention Andre's name again on this board.

C

Chief00

I'm a fan of your work but you should probably never mention Andre's name again on this board.
Why? Dre had 13 rebounds last night - is one of the NBA’s few elite rebounders and the writer never mentioned that part of his game. Chief is keeping it real.

Reaction Score
Nah - Don’t start rumors - he’s my homey and we support each other through ups and downs.

Can't wait until you lose it and start posting fake call and text logs to keep this thing going. Never change <3.

Reaction Score
ADHD, Deviated Septum, lack of concentration . . . .
Maybe a bit harsh, but it sounds kinda like he just doesn't really want it. And I get that. I mean, it's not what I would have done, because I was always super competitive, but as I've gotten older I've moved more toward the conclusion - "what's the point?" Guy's making over 20 million per year. What's the point of killing yourself to be better? Right now he's one of top what? 20 big men on the planet? If he kills himself to get into the top 10, then what? He makes zero more money and his life doesn't really change other than he works a lot harder. I get it.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Maybe a bit harsh, but it sounds kinda like he just doesn't really want it. And I get that. I mean, it's not what I would have done, because I was always super competitive, but as I've gotten older I've moved more toward the conclusion - "what's the point?" Guy's making over 20 million per year. What's the point of killing yourself to be better? Right now he's one of top what? 20 big men on the planet? If he kills himself to get into the top 10, then what? He makes zero more money and his life doesn't really change other than he works a lot harder. I get it.

I read the article and had the same takeaway. I think people usually project themselves into these situations as big sports fans. I think in more cases than not, maybe certain guys just don't love the sport that much. Not saying that's the case with Drummond, but it's interesting that nearly everyone thinks that just because someone is a pro athlete, they are a junky of the sport.

For what it's worth he hit 2/2 FT's last night.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'd love to be top 20 in the world in something. I don't think he gets to that point without effort.

His FT shooting % is really the main thing holding him back. Perhaps he's not focused. Perhaps it's sour grapes from a coach who did not get rehired and needs to put the onus on Dre. Perhaps he's put in so much effort into it and, not seeing anything change, has given up. Perhaps he's coasting.

What I really like about your post is that you are aware that there are reasons why people do things that don't necessarily correlate to how we do things. Well not quite correct. You're experiences over time have expanded your knowledge about motivation. As @ConnHuskBask state often we project ourselves into evaluating others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom