THE RESULTS -THE BONEYARD"S TOP 10 BEATLES SONGS AND THE WINNING BALLOT | The Boneyard

THE RESULTS -THE BONEYARD"S TOP 10 BEATLES SONGS AND THE WINNING BALLOT

Reaction Score
As voted; 1) A Day in the Life 2) Here Comes the Sun 3) Yesterday 4) While My Guitar Gently Weeps 5) In My Life 6) Hey Jude 7) Penny Lane 8) Strawberry Fields Forever 9) Revolution 10) Something. The ballot with with the most top 10 songs and most points is MSGRET. Second place to rvwsleep. Thanks to all who participated!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
As voted; 1) A Day in the Life 2) Here Comes the Sun 3) Yesterday 4) While My Guitar Gently Weeps 5) In My Life 6) Hey Jude 7) Penny Lane 8) Strawberry Fields Forever 9) Revolution 10) Something. The ballot with with the most top 10 songs and most points is MSGRET. Second place to rvwsleep. Thanks to all who participated!
I finally won a poll, now I'm going to celebrate with a tall glass of my favorite, Comfort and Water.:cool:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I finally won a poll, now I'm going to celebrate with a tall glass of my favorite, Comfort and Water.:cool:

And I was off by 7, which is a little better than I usually do in the score polls.

Reaction Score
Imagine makes every top 5 list of greatest songs ever that I have read..but not here..The Boneyard sets a very high bar...

Reaction Score
“Imagine” is not a Beatles song. Neither are “Band in the Run” and “My Sweet Lord.”

Reaction Score
"Imagine" is a song by English rock musician John Lennon from his 1971 album of the same name. The best-selling single of his solo career, its lyrics encourage the listener to imagine a world at peace without the barriers of borders or the divisions of religion and nationality and to consider the possibility that the whole of humanity would live unattached to material possessions. Shortly before his death, Lennon said that much of the song's lyric and content came from his wife Yoko Ono, and in 2017, she received a co-writing credit with him.

But I always make mistake and think John Lennon is still part of Beatles ...............

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I am always amazed when young people perform a sixty year old song. Not only a hit before they were born, but possibly before their parents were born as well. These kids do a pretty good job

Reaction Score
I am always amazed when young people perform a sixty year old song. Not only a hit before they were born, but possibly before their parents were born as well. These kids do a pretty good job

It is amazing that this was done in 2016 and it is a very good rendition except for the male singer's histrionics. He completely misunderstood the mood of the song. It's not a song about frustration or rage. It's a song about modern disassociation from feeling and empathy due to the intrusion of visual media and of a new insensitivity to human experiences and interaction. This was written before iPhones, laptops, and social media but it already depicted a change in how we live. It is interesting how the crowd "stood and stared" after the car accident, the victim of which the Beatles knew, yet "turned away" from the film about the war, which the Allies won. In other words, a morbid preoccupation with tragedy, but not triumph. In the song, the speaker shows his detachment from life as though he were a mere spectator. The music follows the mood and meaning of the song also. There was a documentary on the Sergeant Peppers album a couple of years ago and it showed the incredible musical orchestration of the piece. It is actually more relevant today than when it was written and that can be said of so many of their great songs. Whether they fully understood the song or not, the fact that they would play it and then greatly applaud each other after doing it, is good enough for me because it keeps the song alive.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
It is amazing that this was done in 2016 and it is a very good rendition except for the male singer's histrionics. He completely misunderstood the mood of the song. It's not a song about frustration or rage. It's a song about modern disassociation from feeling and empathy due to the intrusion of visual media and of a new insensitivity to human experiences and interaction. This was written before iPhones, laptops, and social media but it already depicted a change in how we live. It is interesting how the crowd "stood and stared" after the car accident, the victim of which the Beatles knew, yet "turned away" from the film about the war, which the Allies won. In other words, a morbid preoccupation with tragedy, but not triumph. In the song, the speaker shows his detachment from life as though he were a mere spectator. The music follows the mood and meaning of the song also. There was a documentary on the Sergeant Peppers album a couple of years ago and it showed the incredible musical orchestration of the piece. It is actually more relevant today than when it was written and that can be said of so many of their great songs. Whether they fully understood the song or not, the fact that they would play it and then greatly applaud each other after doing it, is good enough for me because it keeps the song alive.
If you read the comments on Youtube, most of them praised the performance, while panning the male singer, similar to your comments.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that, to the best of my knowledge, The Beatles never performed this song live. Nevertheless, this is arguably the best live cover version. I think if I saw this performance live, it would give me goosebumps. Hope you like it:

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that, to the best of my knowledge, The Beatles never performed this song live. Nevertheless, this is arguably the best live cover version. I think if I saw this performance live, it would give me goosebumps. Hope you like it:

Phenomenal. The drummer was absolutely perfect among others. The Beatles last live concert was in August 2016 and Sergeant Peppers came out in June 2017 so it was never performed live. For all the great music they made individually after they broke up, in my mind it never compared to their music together. I know some would disagree pointing to Imagine, or What is my Life or Band on the Run among others but put all their great individual songs together and compare it to a great Beatles album like Peppers, Abbey Road or even Revolver and there is no choice. They brought out the greatest artistry and creativity in each other and changed the world. Very few people, let alone musicians, can say that. My daughter got married in 2018 and I asked her what her wedding song was. I suggested "In My Life". She said "Everybody does that". I thought, that gives me a lot of hope for the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom