The Rent | The Boneyard

The Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Going to attend game this Sat for special event. What timing does one need to plan to deal with traffic / delays / etc???? What is best way to enter the field / park lots???? Anything else??

Reaction Score
Come early, leave late and you will not deal with traffic. Gates open 4 hours before the game and they want you to leave by 1 hour after the game. Point to the line going out and if you are not with a rowdy crowd it is just usualy the routine lets move along.
We tail gate before (long) and after (short) and never sit in traffic.
Now you could do like many who call themselves UCONN fans and arrive late and leave early. This will assure that you see more traffic than you do game.

Reaction Score
Who leaves one hour after the game? Tailgating still going strong. Nobody pays attention to that rule. . . Well, it's more of a guideline.

Reaction Score
It's homecoming weekend, so enjoy. I'm sure there will things going on outside the stadium prior to game time.

The idea that traffic is a problem (being stuck in traffic) at Rentschler is completely false, I've been going there since day 1, and never have had a problem getting in or out, and the longest I think I've ever waited in a traffic line coming or going was about 15-20 minutes which is hardly an issue around something like a college football game, if you've ever been to a stadium anywhere else.

depending on which direction you're coming from, whether it be I-84 E/W or I-91 N you just follow signs for Rentschler and you'll be at the stadium entrances within minutes of exiting the highway.

What is an issue, is navigating your way through the maze of orange cones once you get off the highway and into the facility grounds - and dealing with over-zealous parking attendants waving you in different directions.

For your first time, you'll be amazed at the sheer number of those things they have all over the place, cones - and over-zealous parking attendants.

If you don't have a regular parking pass, follow marked lanes for general or red parking, and you'll be directed out to a general parking area, not sure what the fee is, but those lots are a good walk from the stadium gates, can be as long as a 15-20 minute walk. If you can secure a blue or grey or VIP parking pass online or something, that will keep you close to the stadium.

There are parking opportunites off site of the facility, but I'm not familiar with them.

Stadium lots open at 11:30 on saturday, and I think the stadium gates open at 2:30. Tailgating can be a lot of fun, but no charcoal fires, and make sure you lock everything down when you go into the stadium.

Reaction Score
The idea that traffic is a problem (being stuck in traffic) at Rentschler is completely false, I've been going there since day 1, and never have had a problem getting in or out, and the longest I think I've ever waited in a traffic line coming or going was about 15-20 minutes which is hardly an issue around something like a college football game, if you've ever been to a stadium anywhere else.

It took me about 45 minutes to leave the lot after the Iowa State game. When it comes down to the last play, and everybody tries to leave at the same time (because the game ends at midnight, for instance), leaving the lot definitely can be a problem. I don't know what makes you think otherwise, but I have definitely experienced issues. Not all the time, but to act like it never happens is just false.

Reaction Score
Fair point but it isn't like the 90 minute drive from the big house to a hotel 3 miles away. It really isn't that bad.

Reaction Score
Just a heads up, the Hartford Marathon is Saturday. Lots of local roads in Hartford and East Hartford will be closed until 2:00 including the Founders Bridge.

Marathon Traffic Impact

Reaction Score
I've never had a problem with traffic, and I've never talked to anyone face to face that has had a problem. The wait to get out, is certainly going to be longer than getting in situations, like night games when you're not allowed to stay in the lots after the game.

I think the longest I've ever had to wait, was a similar situation, I think it was the Baylor home game at night a few years ago. Took me maybe 20 minutes of sitting in the car in the lot until things started moving.

This isn't a night game though.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that the Hartford/E.Hartford police won't have the main routes into the stadium from the highways blocked off for the marathon, but that's a big assumption. :)

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. I'm driving in from I-91 N, so I'll look for a map somewhere, I guess.

Given the comment on the park lot traffic directors, how easy is it to park near the gate appropriate to the seats?? I've ignored those guys in past to no consequence.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. I'm driving in from I-91 N, so I'll look for a map somewhere, I guess.

Given the comment on the park lot traffic directors, how easy is it to park near the gate appropriate to the seats?? I've ignored those guys in past to no consequence.

I am getting my ticket from the 'save' window, so I imagine that I will be parking in the boonies as all theparking info on-line is for season tix holders . Who the hell designed the parking / stadium plan??

Reaction Score

I generally take I-91 to the Charter Oak Bridge (5/15) and get off on the Silver Lane traffic. If you go early there's rarely traffic (though I have no idea how the Marathon will affect things).

General parking is not THAT far away from the stadium, honestly. Maybe a 10 minute walk. Also, it's 15 dollars.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know of any cheap lots off of Silver Lane? I am driving down from Boston and meeting everyone so I don't want to pay $12 to park in the main lot. I'd rather park farther away and walk to the tailgate. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Not too many options that are within a reasonable walking distance. 10 bucks at houses across the street and at the aircraft club lot. Other than that shopping plaza down the street, but that's a hike and honestly I wouldn't leave my car there unattended. I'd say your chances of not coming back to a car are better than average. Margaritas wouldn't be a bad option. The walk isn't ridiculous...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Does anyone know of any cheap lots off of Silver Lane? I am driving down from Boston and meeting everyone so I don't want to pay $12 to park in the main lot. I'd rather park farther away and walk to the tailgate. Thanks.

Piece of cake. Take the I-384 Silver Lane exit from I-84. Take Exit 1 and go right on Silver Lane - go about 2 miles. Park in the Walk-In Clinic Lot across from Burger King.

Reaction Score
So what's the protocol for crashing a Boneyard Tailgait on the way to the seats???

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"I wouldn't leave my car there unattended. I'd say your chances of not coming back to a car are better than average."

I have never heard or read about a car being stolen during a game. But I'm sure you wouldn't have offered up a number with data to back it up. So how did you derive your information?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So what's the protocol for crashing a Boneyard Tailgait on the way to the seats???

Walk by a tailgate and say "that looks good". Doesn't matter what. Before you know it you will be asked to try some with a drink to go with.

Reaction Score
I have never heard or read about a car being stolen during a game. But I'm sure you wouldn't have offered up a number with data to back it up. So how did you derive your information?
I was referring to parking at the old super pet parking lot, not at the rent.

Reaction Score
Glad to hear he's never had a problem. No Im speculating given the relatively socio-economically depressed area. There's plenty of crime up and down silver ln, burnside ave. I'm pretty confident in not citing statistics on this one. Seat of the pants instinct says I wouldn't leave my car there, that's all. Just an opinion based on the murders, drug dealing, and other such no good doing that goes on in that immediate area. http://articles.courant.com/2010-05...ple-homicide-east-hartford-police-nutmeg-lane
This apartment complex shares the driveway, more or less. I'm not trying to scare people away from the area... Too late I guess. Just offering an opinion on where I'd park vs where I wouldn't.

Reaction Score
Glad to hear he's never had a problem. No Im speculating given the relatively socio-economically depressed area. There's plenty of crime up and down silver ln, burnside ave. I'm pretty confident in not citing statistics on this one. Seat of the pants instinct says I wouldn't leave my car there, that's all. Just an opinion based on the murders, drug dealing, and other such no good doing that goes on in that immediate area. http://articles.courant.com/2010-05...ple-homicide-east-hartford-police-nutmeg-lane
This apartment complex shares the driveway, more or less. I'm not trying to scare people away from the area... Too late I guess. Just offering an opinion on where I'd park vs where I wouldn't.

I used to park in those apartments and walk over. They really aren't that bad. Crime can happen anywhere though so you always have to use your own judgement.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. Hope to see some of you at a tailgate Sat. Is there a BY specific Tailgate??

At half-time, the new inductees to the State of CT Track & Field Hall of Fame will be mentioned, and may make an appearance on the field. My brother is one of them. So I hope all you BYers will join me in a cheer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom