Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Grand Canyon wins tonight upset SFA in post season and goes to the dance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cal Baptist wins tonight but can't upset SFA in post season

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
The Lancers and Lopes complete their season series with a 6:00 p.m. tip Mountain Standard Time tonight in Phoenix.

The Lopes are looking to sweep the Lancers but the bigger question is does either team have any chance to upset SFA in the conference tournament?

Any chance SFA gets a bid with a loss in the postseason tournament?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
As a Ladyjacks fan, I'm afraid not.

SFA has no wins over Quad 1 or Quad 2 of the NET. Their only top 100 win was at home over #85 Houston. Cal Baptist is outside the top 100, and everyone else in the WAC is outside the top 150.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The Lancers and Lopes complete their season series with a 6:00 p.m. tip Mountain Standard Time tonight in Phoenix.

The Lopes are looking to sweep the Lancers but the bigger question is does either team have any chance to upset SFA in the conference tournament?

Yes SFA can get a bid, I believe.
If it is mandatory to take a team from the conference.

Scenario, CBU plays SFA in WAC championship game. CBU win the game. CBU is not eligible to to NCAA tournament, (last year of transition) does't the NCAA take the first place regular season champ?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yes SFA can get a bid, I believe.
If it is mandatory to take a team from the conference.

Scenario, CBU plays SFA in WAC championship game. CBU win the game. CBU is not eligible to to NCAA tournament, (last year of transition) does't the NCAA take the first place regular season champ?
Good point. I forgot Cal Baptist was still ineligible for the NCAAT. Last year the automatic bid went to Utah Valley by virtue of having finished 2nd in the WAC regular season behind CBU. So yes, I believe the auto bid would go to SFA this year in this scenario.

So SFA does have a very good chance at the automatic bid. Assuming they win the WAC regular season (they have a 3-game lead with 5 games left), the only way they wouldn't get the auto bid is if a team other than Cal Baptist or themselves wins the WAC tournament.

As for an at-large bid, not a chance.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom