The refs in this conference suck | The Boneyard

The refs in this conference suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know we turn the ball over too much and can't make free throws, but the refs in this conference suck.
Boat played perfect defense and the kid falls down and we get a horrible foul called against us. It's bad enough they blew the call but to give him a tech is junior high officiating

Reaction Score
These guys are just so bad and inconsistent it's tough to watch. I watch with the blue goggles on but it's seems like this year has been a complete uphill battle with the refs. Surely doesn't help that KO doesn't believe in working them.

Reaction Score
It's one thing to miss a travel when a guy drags his pivot foot. But when some dude moves forward several feet without taking a single dribble...

The fact that some of these refs are making money is laughable.

Reaction Score
Truly a pivotal call down just 5(?) at the time. And then the T was so unwarranted it looked straight up suspicious.

I wonder how much sleep these refs lose over all the awful calls they make, for both teams.

Reaction Score
I think we should train a Boneyard referee team to do all UConn home games

Reaction Score
The travel wasn't called because he played stupid defense. If he lined himself up for a charge, easily taken, he either would have forced the travel or gotten the charge. Instead he reached and gave the ref an option.

refs had nothing at all to do with this one tonight just ask Cheeky!

Reaction Score
The travel wasn't called because he played stupid defense. If he lined himself up for a charge, easily taken, he either would have forced the travel or gotten the charge. Instead he reached and gave the ref an option.

refs had nothing at all to do with this one tonight just ask Cheeky!
Regardless of how poorly TSam played it, it was still a travel 2 steps before he touched the guy.

Reaction Score
Usuallly, the best teams in the conference get the benefit of the doubt. These idiots are killing us.

Reaction Score
The refs definitely did not cost us the game tonight (although they had an impact). The worst part is just how inconsistent they are!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
The refs definitely did not cost us the game tonight (although they had an impact). The worst part is just how inconsistent they are!

No! We lost by 3....and they made momentum killing bad calls too many times tonight for me to say that they did not cost us the game. They absolutely were the differenece makers in this game....

Reaction Score
Contemplating whether or not Refs did or did not influence a game that's already happened is a useless waste of time and energy.

Reaction Score
Regardless of how poorly TSam played it, it was still a travel 2 steps before he touched the guy.
Ref wasn't ever going to call Anything but a foul on Terrence. Wasn't even looking at the offensive player just looking at Terrence waiting foe the contact

Reaction Score
Ref wasn't ever going to call Anything but a foul on Terrence. Wasn't even looking at the offensive player just looking at Terrence waiting foe the contact
Then it didn't matter how he played it. Could have been a charge that would have been called a block.

Reaction Score
Was at the game. Terrible listening to 11,000 fans rooting against UCONN (They announced 14,000 or so but no way fedex was over 11,000, very fair weather fan base when team is not beating conference USA teams). Best (sarcasm noted here) heckle was "Boatright you're ugly" from a mid 60s year old gentleman (so much for southern hospitality) Officiating went both ways from my perspective, both bad. Thought the tech on Boat was complete horsecrap. Other than that just low level effort by refs affecting both sides. I don't think they were competent enough to pull a home job. However, the one thing I always ridicule the Memphis fans for is bitching about the refs. That's all they do, all day long and all they did the whole game. From the perspective of the fans around me refs were pro UCONN. I'm done with ref bashing. Piss poor execution did us in.......Also, when was the last time a UCONN team got blocked 12 times wtf!!!!

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I missed the game, how was our free throw shooting, I am sure that had to play a part in the loss?

Reaction Score
Every time the refs kill us I expect to see Conspiracy Kitty. Does the league know something we don't? Why are AAC refs crucifying the mothership of the conference?

Then again, the refs against Duke were criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom