The Reese Flagrant | The Boneyard

The Reese Flagrant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was the follow through that tipped it to flagrant. The ref mentioned that in his announcement to the crowd. When any of us is swinging an arm or a leg and we see that someone's head is in the path, we react and try to stop our motion. If not caring for someone else's head is a "basketball play," how have we gotten here?

Reaction Score
Eh, I watched it live. It was a basketball play that was ill-advised but Angel thought she could make the play. Let's not read into it.

FYI Angel's eyes were on the basketball, so I do believe it was accidental contact to the head. She just overestimated her ability to block the shot from behind after Caitlin got by her. It's really hard to stop your arm from swinging in that sideways sweeping motion after it is already moving and I don't think she was aware that Caitlin's head was in the path.

Let's not turn this into the next Chennedy Carter "incident"...

Reaction Score
Watching it live I thought it was clear she was going for the block and Clark was too quick and out in front so she accidentally got hit in the face. By the rule contact to the head is a flagrant. The refs got it right and handled it exactly how it should have been handled. They reviewed it and made the correct decision.

While ill advised and not smart by Angel, I didn’t see anything malicious. I’m a little disappointed in the media trying to milk this just for the clicks

Reaction Score
The social media reaction was over the top. Flagrant 1 was the correct call and Caitlin Clark had the best response in the post-game interview.

Reaction Score
Eh, I watched it live. It was a basketball play that was ill-advised but Angel thought she could make the play. Let's not read into it.

FYI Angel's eyes were on the basketball, so I do believe it was accidental contact to the head. She just overestimated her ability to block the shot from behind after Caitlin got by her. It's really hard to stop your arm from swinging in that sideways sweeping motion after it is already moving and I don't think she was aware that Caitlin's head was in the path.

Let's not turn this into the next Chennedy Carter "incident"...
And let's do our best to avoid slagging Reese with personal biases infused in the comments.

Statements about Reese like "least liked in the WNBA" can't be proven, no different than "the WNBA hates Clark" statements that are bandied about.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Stop psychoanalyzing players and assuming intent. Stick to basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom