The Reciever Room - Time to Step Up. What Say You? | The Boneyard

The Reciever Room - Time to Step Up. What Say You?

Reaction Score
A case of the drops last Thursday. Made Fagnano's numbers look worse than they were. Problem is I didn't see any real separation from the wideouts. NC State was dropping 8 into pass coverage and daring us to throw underneath. I worry that we have no over the top home run guys - lots of posession dudes. Could be part play calling or of lack of athletes at the position. If we can't throw the ball consistently, it makes for having a lot of 10+ play drives. We'll learn a lot against a Georgia State team that allowed a boatload of yards through the air against the not to be confused powerhouse Rhode Island Rams. (Ah - the shades of good old Yankee Conference football - many of my older buddies will remember those tilts at Memorial Stadium with Walt Nadzak at the helm). We need to see 200+ yards coming out of the reciever room. What say you?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Agree. As does the coaching staff. WR's need to catch passes. It's FBS football. If you can get your hands on the ball, you need to catch it.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I was hard on JF after last weeks game but the more I look into it the WR deff had a role in his poor play. I rewatched the game and watched the wr and goodness, kashif needs to get those guys right. Poor routes, breaking them off early, sloppy/ lazy routes that were rounded off. Porter in particular looked poor. Yes he had a few catches but on more than a few routes he rounded off his route allowing db to undercut him, didn’t work back to the ball etc. the one that stuck out to me was a 10yd in he ran, as soon as he came out of his break he was wide open for the first down but for some reason he ran 10yds across just staring at the sideline which resulted in JF double clutching waiting for him to turn his head and look for the pass and he other threw him having to try and drop it over his head to the far sideline. It’s little stuff like that that they need to clean up and would have made the difference in the NC ST game.

Reaction Score
Why are you picking on WRs?

Pass protection wasn’t great
Tackling was abysmal
Angles on D were off
Coverage was spotty
Specials were anything but

Reaction Score

Tackling was abysmal
Angles on D were off
Coverage was spotty
Because you can't win without moving the ball in the air in today's pinball offensive world. Need twenty yards chuck and multiple YAC plays. If we can't throw the ball consistently we're asking a lot of other "rooms" to overperform. Great offense overcomes other underperforming areas. I just don't see anyone that can stretch the defense.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Tackling was abysmal
Angles on D were off
Coverage was spotty
Because the offense stunk and the WRs dropped five passes?

D and specials weren't great...but they only gave up 24 points to NC St. The issue was only scoring 14.

Reaction Score
Because the offense stunk and the WRs dropped five passes?

D and specials weren't great...but they only gave up 24 points to NC St. The issue was only scoring 14.
Same issue as always. O is a problem. Receivers weren’t great but the play calling was abysmal and there isn’t single good excuse for it.

Reaction Score

Tackling was abysmal
Angles on D were off
Coverage was spotty
yet we lost by only 10 to a P5 opponent who's D wasn't too shabby...

This upcoming weekend will be more telling about our team

Reaction Score
Just watched the Rhode Island highlights. GSU has a really bad DB unit. All of RI’s offense came off busted coverage and miscommunications. Their DBs look slow and confused most of the game. They play a simple defense with no disguises. If our offense runs any sort of misdirection, there’s tons of big play potential. GSU might be a worst tackling team than us in week 1.

Reaction Score
A case of the drops last Thursday. Made Fagnano's numbers look worse than they were. Problem is I didn't see any real separation from the wideouts. NC State was dropping 8 into pass coverage and daring us to throw underneath. I worry that we have no over the top home run guys - lots of posession dudes. Could be part play calling or of lack of athletes at the position. If we can't throw the ball consistently, it makes for having a lot of 10+ play drives. We'll learn a lot against a Georgia State team that allowed a boatload of yards through the air against the not to be confused powerhouse Rhode Island Rams. (Ah - the shades of good old Yankee Conference football - many of my older buddies will remember those tilts at Memorial Stadium with Walt Nadzak at the helm). We need to see 200+ yards coming out of the reciever room. What say you?
How about 18 yards rushing for Fagnano, almost all in the first series? You think he could have had more with 8 defenders in the defensive backfield? That say me!!!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever made a one handed diving TD catch and taken a punt to the groin in the same game?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Just watched the Rhode Island highlights. GSU has a really bad DB unit. All of RI’s offense came off busted coverage and miscommunications. Their DBs look slow and confused most of the game. They play a simple defense with no disguises. If our offense runs any sort of misdirection, there’s tons of big play potential. GSU might be a worst tackling team than us in week 1.
It really stinks Charlton didn’t read this post. The guy who loves gadget plays tried to run the ball down the throat of a team who can’t defend the pass.

Reaction Score
It really stinks Charlton didn’t read this post. The guy who loves gadget plays tried to run the ball down the throat of a team who can’t defend the pass.
Charlton is sabotaging at this point LOL

Reaction Score
I think Roberson demonstrated that in the 2nd half, but too little too late.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom