The reality is... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The reality is...

Reaction Score
Teams that are really good have at least one player that can take over a game consistently even for a spurt. The closest to that is Jalen but he doesn't do it every game. I don't think Gilbert, Larrier or Vital can do that. MAL I don't think so. KO needs to get us a player.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
We are only losing 3 people next year to graduation...
That means we will have a very young team. The room will allow growth and team play. With any luck we will seethe same players the next 3 years. AND that would be a bad arse team.

Reaction Score
Tough crowd. Will avoid putting any thought into this next time or attempting to engage in reasonable dialogue

I'll just stick to the standard, "we stink, fire Ollie, conference is awful, Brimah hasn't developed, love Rodney as a person but... need a bigs coach, xl crowd sucks, more games at gample, and if next year doesn't improve..." garbage that fills these pages.

Then I'll be speaking everyone's language

Not my language. Your comment on going 8 deep as a normal rotation is not well thought Out as another poster pointed out, with all the injuries. The whiners are the usual suspects and you will learn who to ignore unless you like arguing the same points over and over again. For my peace of mind I have on ignore a few of them.

Don't lose heart. I was criticized my first postings, its like a rite of the boneyard.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Teams that are really good have at least one player that can take over a game consistently even for a spurt. The closest to that is Jalen but he doesn't do it every game. I don't think Gilbert, Larrier or Vital can do that. MAL I don't think so. KO needs to get us a player.
That player was Diallo and he blew it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm curious - You registered your username four years ago, but waited today for your first post?
I've been saying for over a year now. Trolls from other teams/places

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Lol, I've been saying this for months now. It's bad enough for football and other sports like soccer, baseball and field hockey but for a northeastern basketball power it's a killer, unless you have a coach who's a legend and even there I'll bet it has a small negative effect. It would be one thing if all the travel was in the Big Ten or ACC or even the Big 12, but the AAC? Don't think so, this conference blows. It's OK for football but just OK, for everything else it just sucks.

Our field hockey team plays in the Big East. The AAC doesn't sponsor FH. As for baseball, there are a few nationally respected programs in the league (i.e. Houston, Tulane) and many teams are competitive.

But you're correct about the BB, both men's and women's, although the women's side shows some signs of modest improvement.

Reaction Score
I find myself always agreeing with jibsey. We all know we need a competent big man. It has been talked about ad nauseum and for good reason. But as much as we need a big man this teams also needs a 2/3 that can score/shoot. Next year with MAL we will be a team full of point guards and tweener combo forwards. We need a shooting gaurd or swingman/wing that can get buckets. Someone who plays offense like a shooting guard but can defend like a small forward. Watching us try to defend that guy from ECU was a comedy wrapped in a disaster. In times of trouble Ollie always reverts to playing small. It would be nice to have an alpha scorer that can make it work and take pressure off the point guards for a change. I wish we got Diallo too but someone like DJ Harvey would have been a godsend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom