The Real Paige Bueckers Video Premiere Sunday 5 PM | The Boneyard

The Real Paige Bueckers Video Premiere Sunday 5 PM

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Of course or should we all be lemmings?
lemmings GIF

Reaction Score
I was interested enough to read/listen. I'm a pluralist at heart.
GOOD LUCK TO PAIGE and the whole team, especially
the "pups": A De , C D, A F, and S P!! ( Saylor is the senior 'Pup")
P.S. Be nice to Mikaylah Marie Williams if she comes for at
UCONN WBB visit!! Congrats to Ayanna Patterson: WELL DONE,
loved those rebounds and blocked shots!

Reaction Score
Is it possible to overdose on Paige?
I hadn't seen Paige play before last season started. Only knew she was very highly regarded by just about everybody.
When I tuned in to that first UMASS_Lowell game and saw that Geno was starting her, I thought he must have reservations about everyone else. I mean, what else could it be? Was Aubrey in his post-practice dog house ALREADY?
When I saw her warming up, pregame, I was not impressed since she was anything but physically imposing. Almost delicate,frail.
Also, and I have to chalk this up to my 60+ year old eyes, She looked about 12 years old.
Once the game started, I almost immediately saw a difference in the floor chemistry the Huskies seemed to have. The 2019-2020 team had never really jelled, in spite of some very talented individuals.
Paige seemed to set the parameters without "taking over". The anticipation of the movements of her teammates, and the opposing players was uncanny. Not to mention her ability to put the ball in the bucket when the "spirit moved her" as Geno often grumbled.
As the season unfolded, it became obvious to me that this was a very special athlete. Game after game there were some "turning points"
that turned into "Paige Buckets" highlight videos.
I willingly acknowledge my own UCONN bias. Like so many, I hunger for another national title game and look forward with great anticipation to Geno's ascent of the ladder to cut down the net. And let's bury the "Final Four"bugaboo that has reared its ugly head recently.
UCONN's program is arguably the marquee attraction in NCAA WBB.
But, that would not explain ALL of Paige's awards, attention and accolades from around the country and different media outlets.
2021-2022 will either justify all the hoopla or ( AAARRGGHHH!) reveal this "Shooting Star"as a one year phenom.
Seeing the looks on all the faces walking off the court after the latest disappointment, one couldn't help the observation that they really do have a chip on their collective shoulder. They firmly believe that they should not be beaten, no matter who the opponent might be.
Liv & CW must feel a bit snake bitten by now and will hopefully bring an increased resolve with them to realize the "potential" which has been both blessing and curse.No secret that Evina & Dorka transferred in to get to the top of the mountain.Aubrey and the new sophomores have had a taste of what the Husky experience is all about and want more.
Azzi and the "New Generation" are already learning just what the term 'high expectations"is all about. Both good and bad.
But PB, modesty and tact aside, IS the face of the UCONN WBB team until someone or something proves otherwise.
Until that 12th NCAA Tournament trophy rests in that glass case in Stoors, she won't be content with complimentary puff pieces or "nice try", "good effort",or "wait till next year". Perhaps, behind that smiling, angelic face, lurks hunger personified.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Is it possible to overdose on Paige?
Perhaps some BY'ers would like to see less of her (not me), but keep in mind she has over 900,000 IG followers. She's a huge sensation among the young. I'm not sure how much she needs to post to keep them entertained, or whatever, but I doubt they can get too much of Paige Bueckers, and they are her target audience, not us! ;)

Reaction Score
Those on the "overload" side of the discussion should know that this is likely an old video from when Bueckers was still in high school. Notice the McD AA jersey. Youtube is loaded with those who are seeking to monetize her popularity for themselves by reissuing older videos with some commentary.

Besides, it's much better to watch her work out than to read endless discussions about the starters or reports about the latest coach caught in a scandal. It's August. What else is there?

Reaction Score
Those on the "overload" side of the discussion should know that this is likely an old video from when Bueckers was still in high school. Notice the McD AA jersey. Youtube is loaded with those who are seeking to monetize her popularity for themselves by reissuing older videos with some commentary.

Besides, it's much better to watch her work out than to read endless discussions about the starters or reports about the latest coach caught in a scandal. It's August. What else is there?
This particular YouTube poster is, in my opinion, exactly the type you describe. They take old videos and declare them to be "exclusive" or "premier" and usually have about half of the video begging for subscriptions, likes and notifications to puff up their channel. They post under the user name "Paige Bueckers UConn".

Reaction Score
Perhaps some BY'ers would like to see less of her (not me), but keep in mind she has over 900,000 IG followers. She's a huge sensation among the young. I'm not sure how much she needs to post to keep them entertained, or whatever, but I doubt they can get too much of Paige Bueckers, and they are her target audience, not us! ;)
Just checked out her IG account. She has only made 70 posts going back to high school, and yet as you say she has 909,000 followers.

Reaction Score
Just checked out her IG account. She has only made 70 posts going back to high school, and yet as you say she has 909,000 followers.
Basketball is a popular sport and she the “it” girl for now.

Reaction Score
Basketball is a popular sport and she the “it” girl for now.
In one of those articles about Paige and the NIL, one statistic stood out (I didn't personally verify it, but it was a reliable source). The author stated that Paige has more IG followers than the total of the entire rosters of the Final Four men's teams.

Reaction Score
Like everyone here, I think Paige is terrific, but I do worry sometimes that maybe all the
attention she gets might be getting into the heads of the others on the team.

We have a lot of great young women on our team, and I hope they get some recognition too.

Reaction Score
Like everyone here, I think Paige is terrific, but I do worry sometimes that maybe all the
attention she gets might be getting into the heads of the others on the team.

We have a lot of great young women on our team, and I hope they get some recognition too.
If it's getting into their heads, I hope it inspires them to earn that recognition. AE, CW and ONO earned a few awards at the end of last season, though nothing like PB did. That said, PB didn't take anything away from someone on the team who earned it. In my opinion, she was by far the best player on the Huskies, and in the nation. Every time PB won an award, she gave all the credit to God, her teammates and coaches. I don't think they begrudge her anything.

I certainly want everyone on the team who earns conference, regional or national recognition to get it, and I know several players have that potential. At the same time, I have never been one to hand out participation trophies just so someone doesn't feel left out or get their feelings hurt. That stopped with the Boys and Girls Club.

Reaction Score
Love her basketball. Cannot see the point of this "diary" thing, though. As someone else observed, it looks dated, like maybe a year old. At some point, obsessive interest in players is, well, obsessive. Enough.
Until something new and truly interesting comes along.

Reaction Score
I hadn't seen Paige play before last season started. Only knew she was very highly regarded by just about everybody.
When I tuned in to that first UMASS_Lowell game and saw that Geno was starting her, I thought he must have reservations about everyone else. I mean, what else could it be? Was Aubrey in his post-practice dog house ALREADY?
When I saw her warming up, pregame, I was not impressed since she was anything but physically imposing. Almost delicate,frail.
Also, and I have to chalk this up to my 60+ year old eyes, She looked about 12 years old.
Once the game started, I almost immediately saw a difference in the floor chemistry the Huskies seemed to have. The 2019-2020 team had never really jelled, in spite of some very talented individuals.
Paige seemed to set the parameters without "taking over". The anticipation of the movements of her teammates, and the opposing players was uncanny. Not to mention her ability to put the ball in the bucket when the "spirit moved her" as Geno often grumbled.
As the season unfolded, it became obvious to me that this was a very special athlete. Game after game there were some "turning points"
that turned into "Paige Buckets" highlight videos.
I willingly acknowledge my own UCONN bias. Like so many, I hunger for another national title game and look forward with great anticipation to Geno's ascent of the ladder to cut down the net. And let's bury the "Final Four"bugaboo that has reared its ugly head recently.
UCONN's program is arguably the marquee attraction in NCAA WBB.
But, that would not explain ALL of Paige's awards, attention and accolades from around the country and different media outlets.
2021-2022 will either justify all the hoopla or ( AAARRGGHHH!) reveal this "Shooting Star"as a one year phenom.
Seeing the looks on all the faces walking off the court after the latest disappointment, one couldn't help the observation that they really do have a chip on their collective shoulder. They firmly believe that they should not be beaten, no matter who the opponent might be.
Liv & CW must feel a bit snake bitten by now and will hopefully bring an increased resolve with them to realize the "potential" which has been both blessing and curse.No secret that Evina & Dorka transferred in to get to the top of the mountain.Aubrey and the new sophomores have had a taste of what the Husky experience is all about and want more.
Azzi and the "New Generation" are already learning just what the term 'high expectations"is all about. Both good and bad.
But PB, modesty and tact aside, IS the face of the UCONN WBB team until someone or something proves otherwise.
Until that 12th NCAA Tournament trophy rests in that glass case in Stoors, she won't be content with complimentary puff pieces or "nice try", "good effort",or "wait till next year". Perhaps, behind that smiling, angelic face, lurks hunger personified.
NICE REFLECTION on PAIGE and the team, thanks for posting!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom