The Reaction Ball Drill | The Boneyard

The Reaction Ball Drill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The drill they showed with coach Miller any Facey I think. What was that supposed to do? I caught the very end of it but it seemed interesting.

Last edited:

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
Just working on reaction times and hand skills for the bigs, the abnormal ball (used mostly in baseball for infielders) bounces randomly and can help speed up reaction.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The drill they showed with coach Miller any Facey I think. What was that supposed to do I caught the very end of it but it seemed interesting.
The ball bounces weirdly. It's to simulate weird bounces in game situations. It gives players the opportunity to develop reflexes for weird bouncing.

Reaction Score
Just working on reaction times and hand skills for the bigs, the abnormal ball (used mostly in baseball for infielders) bounces randomly and can help speed up reaction.
Thanks. I've used it many times in baseball but I've never heard of it being used in basketball.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It apparently makes 7' centers who haven't played much into studs in a couple of days.
I had Miller pegged in for the testiculo award until Ryan took one for the team.

Reaction Score
I've used tennis balls for this when coaching but this is so much better. Also, unlike a tennis ball, you really need to use two hands to secure this thing. Most post players can still grab a tennis ball with one hand no matter the bounce and it creates poor habits.

Reaction Score
Rebounding is less about reaction and more about being able to anticipate the bounce of the ball when it's in flight (and already being in good position to maximize your chances of being the closest to where it bounces off the rim).

I'd rather have them practice standing under the basket and letting OC shoot 3's to get them used to tracking the ball off the rim.

Reaction Score
Tenspro2002 said:
Rebounding is less about reaction and more about being able to anticipate the bounce of the ball when it's in flight (and already being in good position to maximize your chances of being the closest to where it bounces off the rim). I'd rather have them practice standing under the basket and letting OC shoot 3's to get them used to tracking the ball off the rim.

Ok, I lol'd at the Omar joke. However, the ball drill is to improve their hands so they stop bobbling the ball when receiving passes etc. Most big guys are naturally at least a little clumsy and the unpredictable bounce drill improves coordination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom