The re-appearance of Cubbybear deserves a SHOUT | The Boneyard

The re-appearance of Cubbybear deserves a SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This has been very hard to watch. I think of all the kids who laid the groundwork, Markowski, Krug, King,Fincher and many others and to watch where i currently is is very very sad. A top 10 football facility and the product is very lacking. I hope BD can turn it around in a hurry

Reaction Score
Reminds us of what is important:

We MADE an investment in the Program. We are stakeholders. The early kids - Krug & Markowski & King - ALL laid down their energy, effort & heart for this Program. It deserves our TLC. We have every reason to be disappointed - ANGRY. But, you RE-invest. You believe that it's something of Value. Parents. Bandmembers. If Warde & BD meet standards of excellence, we can rise so much farther. Yes ... We come from Trailers.

Reaction Score
My math might be a little off, but if I'm not mistaken - 1985-1990 was the most 4-5 year winning period in all of UCONN football history, and there is no doubt that the 1980's produced the most All Americans in UCONN history to date. Sure it was 1-AA football, but I'd bet that if the time machine existed, and those teams could match up with the 1A squads....well - we'd see what would happen. Nobody cares about that 1990's team that won 10 games.

Carry on.

Reaction Score
Reminds us of what is important:

We MADE an investment in the Program. We are stakeholders. The early kids - Krug & Markowski & King - ALL laid down their energy, effort & heart for this Program. It deserves our TLC. We have every reason to be disappointed - ANGRY. But, you RE-invest. You believe that it's something of Value. Parents. Bandmembers. If Warde & BD meet standards of excellence, we can rise so much farther. Yes ... We come from Trailers.

Thanks Pudge. I, along with many others, am very proud of where we came from, and where we are going. Doubters be damned.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the welcome back my friends. Never really left and gave up my season tickets last year as I am moving south. It's funny I was deciding to hoist a Univ Florida flag outside my new home and then I recalled We are UCONN. I agree with Pudge, this program is broken and with support can again rise. Is BD the answer, Im not certian. If I were him, I would hire a new OC who has prioe HC experience to build the o and wet nurse a very raw HC. I know lots of blame and rightly so is laid at the feet of RE,PP,GDL and JH. In reading some of BD statements, he called the players fat and weak....hello Jerry Martin Strength and conditioning coach. Where that many people asleep at the wheel
Pudge you remember the trailers, I remember the pile of dirt behind a fence that is now te Rent telling a certian young man....your kidding right!

Reaction Score
Welcome back Sir! It's been some water over the dam since you introduced yourself to me at the Southington-Shelton LL Playoff game. Glad to see you posting again.

Reaction Score
What? We're letting former UB linemen post on the Boneyard?

South of Shelton? Hoisting a UF flag in Stratford? Strange days indeed.

Reaction Score
I unfortunately stumbled onto the BY about 5 years ago so I'm not familiar with Cubbybear (I'm guessing Orlovsky's dad?) but I agree with the new OC comment.

Patterson was supposed to be Diaco's ear this. Also the QB coach. I can live with this same staff next year (begrudgingly with Cummings), but if things don't improve next year, I hope Diaco isn't blindly loyal to some of his guys.

Reaction Score
If BD is blindly loyal to Cummings, they may go the way of PP/GDL. I don't think BD suffers fools lightly, at least I hope not.

Reaction Score
Dave ex UB lineman still is a aging Adonis my bday is coming age 62 6'2 250 going gym 4 days a week I hope to God the ol at UC are at the gym more than I do

I hope this program rises again I may not have been a fan of FHCRE but he got it done
I'f Dan retires maybe a new oc at UConn can be a former ab

Coach Cap think about this there are 32 teams in HS football going to the playoffs
Almost as many as Texas what's that all about

Reaction Score
Excuse me for interjecting here but some of the last posts were all about the latest regimes ineptitude concerning the offense and I believe that goes back to even the Edsall era. Sure he built an offensive line and had a couple very good runners that racked up some yards but at the same time the passing was scary. Since upgrading to Div 1 UConn has never had that all around offense that, combined with some outstanding defenses, could propel them anywhere close to a top 10 ranking once the season ended. Edsall saw the recruiting handwriting on the wall, got a call from Maryland most likely with the promise that they'd be in the B1G sooner than later and bolted. P came in and thought he'd be able to recruit his way into a decent team but somehow forgot you have to run with the guys you have until you build that team... and UConn Nation ran out of patience waiting for that to happen. Now Diaco is here trying to make reality out of what's been stirring around in his coaching mind the last decade or so. None of them have been able to put a Top 20 offense on the field! Can Cummings and Patterson recruit and coach their way into a top 25 offense before the whole staff gets bounced? That's what inquiring minds want to know.

Go Huskies!! You better do a hell of a lot better next year.

Reaction Score
Excuse me for interjecting here but some of the last posts were all about the latest regimes ineptitude concerning the offense and I believe that goes back to even the Edsall era. Sure he built an offensive line and had a couple very good runners that racked up some yards but at the same time the passing was scary. Since upgrading to Div 1 UConn has never had that all around offense that, combined with some outstanding defenses, could propel them anywhere close to a top 10 ranking once the season ended. Edsall saw the recruiting handwriting on the wall, got a call from Maryland most likely with the promise that they'd be in the B1G sooner than later and bolted. P came in and thought he'd be able to recruit his way into a decent team but somehow forgot you have to run with the guys you have until you build that team... and UConn Nation ran out of patience waiting for that to happen. Now Diaco is here trying to make reality out of what's been stirring around in his coaching mind the last decade or so. None of them have been able to put a Top 20 offense on the field! Can Cummings and Patterson recruit and coach their way into a top 25 offense before the whole staff gets bounced? That's what inquiring minds want to know.

Go Huskies!! You better do a hell of a lot better next year.

If we had only been patient and given PGDL more time.

Good grief.

Reaction Score
Dave ex UB lineman still is a aging Adonis my bday is coming age 62 6'2 250 going gym 4 days a week I hope to God the ol at UC are at the gym more than I do

I hope this program rises again I may not have been a fan of FHCRE but he got it done
I'f Dan retires maybe a new oc at UConn can be a former ab

Coach Cap think about this there are 32 teams in HS football going to the playoffs
Almost as many as Texas what's that all about

You are right about the HS playoffs. Let's just schedule Southington vs. Newtown & Ansonia vs. whoever with the winners to meet at the Rent for all the marbles & be done with it.:)

Reaction Score
Coach, you left out the 12-0 Shelton Gaels, perhaps the most well balanced team in the state

Reaction Score
Triplet Grandsons?

They can't be old enough to play for Shelton.

Reaction Score
Pudge, very true. However Noah has the making of a battle tank and is affectionately known as " mini me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom