The question that may be on our mind soon. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The question that may be on our mind soon.

Should we decline the NIT?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Not looking like we'll make the NIT. The question will become should we accept a CBI bid? Purdue a few years ago lost around $100k participating and would have likely lost more if it didn't lose in the second round. If financially it makes any sense to the school I'd say yes. The more time the young guys get the better.

Absolutely NO on the CBI invite.

Reaction Score
Why?

Most big time programs decline the CBI invite. It's a tournament that validated you had a failure of a season, at least in terms of our perspectives (major college program perspectives) It may be a goal for some low / mid majors but not a for an elite blue blood.

Reaction Score
Most big time programs decline the CBI invite. It's a tournament that validated you had a failure of a season, at least in terms of our perspectives (major college program perspectives) It may be a goal for some low / mid majors but not a for an elite blue blood.
Why would we decline our young team a chance to play more basketball except for monetary reasons? Purdue played in it a few years ago and they have the most B1G titles ever.

Reaction Score
yes to any tournament bid. starting lineup - Adams, Vital, Jackson, Durham, Enoch. Any additional playing time in a tournament structure is always worth it.

For those of you saying No to any post season bid not named NCAA - do these guys get more out of running tournament/game scenarios in a after season practice sessions, or actually playing real games with real situations? I don't give a hoot what it makes our program look like today if it helps them look like champions in the coming years, and I'm betting the coaching staff doesn't either.

Reaction Score
Why would we decline our young team a chance to play more basketball except for monetary reasons? Purdue played in it a few years ago and they have the most B1G titles ever.

I don't know. Why do no big college programs participate in the tournament? I'm looking over the past participants and theres only a handful of major college basketball programs to ever participate in the 9 year history of the tournament. Do you really think our seniors are going to try in the CBI tournament? I would imagine if we accept a bid we would lose early as it is a huge letdown.

Reaction Score

Why does everyone keep saying this is a young team?? We start 3 seniors a sophomore and a freshman. That's hardly a "young team" in today's college hoops landscape.

Reaction Score
Why does everyone keep saying this is a young team?? We start 3 seniors a sophomore and a freshman. That's hardly a "young team" in today's college hoops landscape.
We have 3 seniors and the rest are underclassmen. Our most veteran player next year will be a double redshirt sophomore who hasn't played in 2 years.

Reaction Score
We have 3 seniors and the rest are underclassmen. Our most veteran player next year will be a double redshirt sophomore who hasn't played in 2 years.
So you don't think Adams is coming back?

Reaction Score

I'm not talking about "next year." I'm saying right now. You said we're a young team. I disagree. 3 starting seniors is not a "young team". We will certainly be younger next year than we are this year. But again.. that's next year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Regression toward the mean?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I'm not talking about "next year." I'm saying right now. You said we're a young team. I disagree. 3 starting seniors is not a "young team". We will certainly be younger next year than we are this year. But again.. that's next year.
We came into this season with 3 seniors, 2 sophomores, and 6 freshmen. The median class for any given player is freshman. We are a young team.

Next year (if we do not sign a grad transfer) we will have no seniors. Only three D1 schools (out of 351) do not have any seniors on their rosters this season. We're young, yes.

Reaction Score
We came into this season with 3 seniors, 2 sophomores, and 6 freshmen. The median class for any given player is freshman. We are a young team.

Next year (if we do not sign a grad transfer) we will have no seniors. Only three D1 schools (out of 351) do not have any seniors on their rosters this season. We're young, yes.

OMG Man. No team that starts 3 seniors is a "young team". Maybe if you say "next year we will be a young team" will be a correct statement, but no we are NOT a young team currently for the 3rd team

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
OMG Man. No team that starts 3 seniors is a "young team". Maybe if you say "next year we will be a young team" will be a correct statement, but no we are NOT a young team currently for the 3rd team
You're wrong, stubborn, and stupid. Speaking any further with you is beneath me.

Reaction Score
You're wrong, stubborn, and stupid. Speaking any further with you is beneath me.

Wow you're a complete moron. 50% of our rotation is seniors and you clame we're "young." Go play in traffic you complete bag.

Reaction Score
We aren't going to get an NIT invite. We would have to beat Cincy and win at least 2 AAC tournament games to qualify. If we lose to Cincy than we would have to win the AAC tournament, and if we do that we'll make the dance anyways. Either way....no NIT this year.
Jeez that's sad, don't even qualify for NIT without winning more games. This is just brutal

Reaction Score
yes to any tournament bid. starting lineup - Adams, Vital, Jackson, Durham, Enoch. Any additional playing time in a tournament structure is always worth it.

For those of you saying No to any post season bid not named NCAA - do these guys get more out of running tournament/game scenarios in a after season practice sessions, or actually playing real games with real situations? I don't give a hoot what it makes our program look like today if it helps them look like champions in the coming years, and I'm betting the coaching staff doesn't either.
Yes, true but it's still embarrassing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom