The problem ND is going to have with UConn this year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The problem ND is going to have with UConn this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Notre Dame has a recent history of playing better in the second half of games as we all know.
I remain a fan of their potential and think they will beat Duke.
But us?
No chance, we're in a different league.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not so sure. Duke seems like they should win, but if you examine last years game it's not definitive.Duke definitely out-rebounded ND but it was the guards of ND that Duke couldn't control. It was the day after Thanksgiving on the Virgin Islands so who knows where players minds were at. Dev Peters was in foul trouble the whole game and only played 11 minutes with no real stats to her credit. Achonwa and Wright were the only post players who played. It was Diggins, Novosel, and McBride who beat Duke. If it was a back and forth game I'd agree that the teams were equal, but it was ND not showing up in the 1st half while on vacation and then coming out in the 2nd and dominating once they woke up. .

Actually it was more of Duke shooting 5-26 in the second half that resulted in the loss........ including 14 straight misses. 12 missed layups :mad: That was a painful game to listen to.

Anyway..... hopefully Duke and ND will meet in the NCAA's this season.

Reaction Score
Actually it was more of Duke shooting 5-26 in the second half that resulted in the loss........ including 14 straight misses. 12 missed layups :mad: That was a painful game to listen to.

Anyway..... hopefully Duke and ND will meet in the NCAA's this season.

ND shot similar in the first half, so by that rationale Duke was only in the game because of ND's slow start. Ultimately, the teams had nearly the same stats at the end of the game. The final result was ND's guards scored all but 4pts for the game and ND was virtually Peter-less. It was just as painful to watch...except for the last play. Given the experience of watching Duke's much larger team with more/better posts not being able to stop guards who can score I think it's plausible to not put them in the same category as Baylor or UConn.

Reaction Score
Payback is a "female dog" as the saying goes. If they can and I believe they can, the Huskies will run up the score on ND. Keep in mind that the bench due to it's size does not have a lot of scrubs on it.

There are ways of holding down the score but even if Geno trys, he won't be able to do it. Playes coming of the bench will keep pushing the ball because they are looking for more time in other games.

Reaction Score
The problems ND will have with Uconn this year are too numerous to enumerate. My predictions are:
that they will have more steals than rebounds (not that they'll have many steals).
Diggins has already seen her best year. The ND graduates made life easy for Skylar. This year will be different. She will be the focus of intense coverage, and frustration will be Skylar's lot.

Reaction Score
The problems ND will have with Uconn this year are too numerous to enumerate. My predictions are:
that they will have more steals than rebounds (not that they'll have many steals).
Diggins has already seen her best year. The ND graduates made life easy for Skylar. This year will be different. She will be the focus of intense coverage, and frustration will be Skylar's lot.
Hope she has enough headbands to try to change up the mojo!

Whatever happened to all the ND fans who used to come and post here? Have they already moved on to the ACC?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ND shot similar in the first half, so by that rationale Duke was only in the game because of ND's slow start. Ultimately, the teams had nearly the same stats at the end of the game. The final result was ND's guards scored all but 4pts for the game and ND was virtually Peter-less. It was just as painful to watch...except for the last play. Given the experience of watching Duke's much larger team with more/better posts not being able to stop guards who can score I think it's plausible to not put them in the same category as Baylor or UConn.

Dont think anyone, even Duke fans would group the Blue Devils as the equal of Baylor & UCONN. That being said... Im bullish on Duke vs any other team in the country. With the additions of Alexis Jones, Sierra Moore, the improving play of Ka'lia Johnson, and the return of Chloe Wells... we should be better equipped to handle a guard heavy opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom