The Pride of Joel Barlow HS | The Boneyard

The Pride of Joel Barlow HS

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Manhandled the Yankees and spared us a Dodgers-Yankees Joe Buck slobberfest.

Thank you Chuck!

Reaction Score
LOL!!! Apparently you haven't been listening very closely. It'll just be a Dodgers-Astros-Jose Altuve Joe Buck slobberfest.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
LOL!!! Apparently you haven't been listening very closely. It'll just be a Dodgers-Astros-Jose Altuve Joe Buck slobberfest.

Wholly preferable to the Yankees slobberfest nobody wants to hear.

Reaction Score
Manhandled the Yankees and spared us a Dodgers-Yankees Joe Buck slobberfest.

Thank you Chuck!

OK your a Red Sox fan I get it, ill definitely be routing for the Astros in this series.

Reaction Score
Wholly preferable to the Yankees slobberfest nobody wants to hear.

Would much have rather seen a Red Sox slobber fest but they fell very short of making it there hard to slobber over quick outs.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
OK your a Red Sox fan I get it, ill definitely be routing for the Astros in this series.

Wrong. Although I'd root for the Sox over the Yankees.

Pirates fan and Morton fan. Former Mets fan '64-07 before moving to Pgh.

Yankees fans are pompous, overprivileged, soft character people who want things handed to them rather than expend effort.

I'm rooting for the Astros too. Their fans deserve a winner. And I'm delighted McCann regrew his beard and helped beat his former employer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wrong. Although I'd root for the Sox over the Yankees.

Pirates fan and Morton fan. Former Mets fan '64-07 before moving to Pgh.

Yankees fans are pompous, overprivileged, soft character people who want things handed to them rather than expend effort.

I'm rooting for the Astros too. Their fans deserve a winner. And I'm delighted McCann regrew his beard and helped beat his former employer.

Ok so you dont like the Yankees and you were a Mets fan I get it, so because you dont like the Yankees all their fans are pompous, overprivileged and soft character, no question thats true of some Yankee fans thats what happens when you have a huge fan base.

Reaction Score

Well, based on that idiocy, you're definitely an HONORARY Red Sox fan.

Also, not sure you knew this, but there is actually no effort expended by any fan that actually contributes to their team winning anything. Fans don't GET anything, either handed to them, earned, or whatever. Also FYI, in this way, ALL sports fans are alike. Sox fans don't "get" anything when the Sox win, nor do they expend any effort that materially affects the team's performance. See also, Mets and their fans, Pirates and their fans, and all sports teams of all kinds and all their associated fans.

In case you were confused.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Well, based on that idiocy, you're definitely an HONORARY Red Sox fan.

Also, not sure you knew this, but there is actually no effort expended by any fan that actually contributes to their team winning anything. Fans don't GET anything, either handed to them, earned, or whatever. Also FYI, in this way, ALL sports fans are alike. Sox fans don't "get" anything when the Sox win, nor do they expend any effort that materially affects the team's performance. See also, Mets and their fans, Pirates and their fans, and all sports teams of all kinds and all their associated fans.

In case you were confused.

Not confused at all. I like baseball. You like baseball only when your team is winning and has all the decided advantages built into owning the largest market franchise.

I believe in home field advantage. You obvious think that concept is silly.

See, no confusion at all.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I worked in Redding when Charlie got drafted.

If my memory remembers correctly a few days after the draft there was a 'situation' at the high school - Charlie was disrupting school by giving kids rides around the parking lot in his Acura NSX.

Reaction Score
Not confused at all. I like baseball. You like baseball only when your team is winning and has all the decided advantages built into owning the largest market franchise.

I believe in home field advantage. You obvious think that concept is silly.

See, no confusion at all.
Hysterical. First of all, you literally do not know a THING about me. The whole idea of "front running" makes me laugh out loud. I'm also a Cowboys fan, and I'm sure at first glance you'll think that just affirms your theory. Except I was sitting in a bar watching them win their single, solitary game when they wen 1-15 in 1989. And I was standing in the kitchen of that same bar working and listening on the AM radio when the original "baby bombers" - Matt Nokes, Oscar Azocar, Jim Leyritz, and Kevin Maas - came up in 1990 and they proceeded to lose almost 100 games.

I haven't the slightest idea why you think I don't believe in home field advantage, nor WTF that has to do with being a fan.

Furthermore, you really need to get over the idea of the Yankees having advantages over every team. That's so 1995. Those advantages are just about gone. There is now a hard international spending cap and a hard cap on draft compensation. For all their revenue, the Yankees can't buy players on the international market, or with over-slot bonuses in the draft. The luxury tax has been effective enough that the team has been pointing to the 2018 season for 2 years in working to get under the luxury tax threshold (after failing spectacularly in their last attempt in 2013). Their payroll could drop significantly in 2018. Right now their existing obligations only amount to $116M, 8th most in baseball, and a significant portion of that is allotted to Jacoby Ellsbury. Hard to see how that contract is an "advantage" over anyone.

So thanks for playing "I don't know squat" about baseball in 2017, the Yankees, and most of all, me.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I haven't the slightest idea why you think I don't believe in home field advantage, nor WTF that has to do with being a fan.

there is actually no effort expended by any fan that actually contributes to their team winning anything.
No fan involvement, no home field advantage. Simple enough premise?

As long as I'm at it, the international draft rules favored large budget teams that could overspend wildly when there were player(s) that were worth large signing fees. That they then had to take a year or two off from the draft, that wasn't much, if any disincentive. A hard cap only went into place last offseason. A needed change.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom