The price of loyalty | The Boneyard

The price of loyalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting stats. UConn fields 9 men's athletic teams.

Basketball coach 24 years head coach at UConn.

Soccer coach 15 years as head coach at UConn.

Swimming coach 23 years as head coach at UConn

Baseball coach 9 years as head coach at UConn

Track & Field and xc 25 years as head coach.

Golf 4 years as head coach

Tennis 15 years as head coach (20th year with UConn)

This doesn't even include the tenure of the women's teams...

Bb 26 years, soccer 31...

Of the 3 original football schools BC, Syracuse and Pitt (if you count pitt as one having entered the BE in 1982) all are gone. Va tech and Miami who entered in 1991 gone.

Rutgers, a 1991 entrant, whored itself out to the Big 10 last year but had to pick its prostrated carcass off the shag rug when it was rejected.

Is WVU squeaky clean? I could be wrong but I don't believe they tried to go all Judas on the Big East. Luck was definitely up to something, but not as blatant as Snooky U.

UConn stood by the ineptness of Seton Hall, Providence, St. John's, DePaul...and on and on. I'll start out by saying that I don't think there are any fans out there from the other schools who would be upset if UConn crashed and burnrd. That to me is the highest compliment, for it's a sign of success.

Of the programs left, I care little about those mentioned above. I'll feel badly if it doesn't end well for Louisville. They seem to have fought the good fight. Same for WVU, although I admit that I have my spidey sense when it comes to Ollie Luck. USF is like the baby. It'll grow strong and find its way eventually. Cincy is a tough one. I don't see a future as bright as Louisville, but it's such an afterthought it's difficult for me to weep and weep.

Rutgers. Rutgers. deserves its own paragraph. Rutgers had the potential, but it never became somebody. Based on its pathetic performances across the board, even Adrian would want to kick its ass for being so bad.

Nova gets the Albert Einstein full on reverse retard award. Had they upgraded with UConn guaranteed they would be polishing the ACC logo at the Pavillion. Stupid is as stupid does. Any chance of being anything other than an academically inferior mini-me of BC is gone for a generation. It will revert to what it was during Rollie's day, a yapping unliked toy dog.

Georgetown will be Georgetown. Now with the pressure of the Big East gone, they might actually recruit some white guys. Nerds all.

PC should just revert to an all girls school. They basically ran the conference like one.

Marquette and DePaul might as well be fictional schools in a tv show. They're not really part of the BE. I'm sure at the end of the day they knew it.

Pitt. Khalid El Amin sends his regards. As does Kemba. And it was pleasant of you to choke last year to grace us with the opportunity to play in the Fiesta Bowl, sponsored by Tostitos. Tony Dorsett means as much to today's fans as Wee Willie Keeler. Sadly you'll never experience post season success in basketball either. Your program is broken.

How ironic would it be that Rutgers goes to the ACC, WVU to the SEC and UConn has to slink out west like a modern day greeley-esque inspired hobo.

Syracuse is like your best buddy whom you've just had a knock down argument with, probably over the last Heinekin in the compact fridge tucked beneath the elevated bed in your dorm. Sigh.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
now I enjoyed that

Reaction Score
McGhee would like his er bill paid for.

You all have to admit you would have done what Pitt did if given the chance. You shoulf
D be thanking Pitt and Nord from getting that meatball marinara albatross off of all of our backs.

Reaction Score

You all have to admit you would have done what Pitt did if given the chance. You shoulf
D be thanking Pitt and Nord from getting that meatball marinara albatross off of all of our backs.

Honestly, I don't think we would do something unless we absolutely had to (which clearly is the case now). There is no defending Nordenberg in this debacle. When pundits are talking about the lack of loyalty, integrity, and honor in college athletics, he is the poster boy.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't think we would do something unless we absolutely had to (which clearly is the case now). There is no defending Norenberg (sp?) in this debacle. When pundits are talking about the lack of loyalty, integrity, and honor in college athletics, he is the poster child.
hard to believe that anyone could replace Defilipo and Fr Leahy as the definition of sleaze, but Nordenberg, wow, he took it to a whole new level...I hope he had the decency to resign his position as chair of the league after Saturday, though if he didn't I wouldn't be shocked...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
hard to believe that anyone could replace Defilipo and Fr Leahy as the definition of sleaze, but Nordenberg, wow, he took it to a whole new level...I hope he had the decency to resign his position as chair of the league after Saturday, though if he didn't I wouldn't be shocked...

Are you kidding? You think he's done with the carcass of his old conference? He has yet to cannibalize the remains, and then defecate upon the soiled footprint.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

It's not what you did.
It's how you did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member