The Power Struggle in the P5 begins... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Power Struggle in the P5 begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"The SEC, aside from their foobaw foobaw foobaw success, is a mélange of clown colleges that would otherwise be a laughing stock of southern dumb if not for their prowess with pigskin"

"SEC may be stable, but they still suck at every single thing, save footbaw "

This part of Cleanface's post couldn't be any dumber. You obviously are just shooting off your mouth. The SEC is a collection of "clown colleges"? What are you basing that on? Nothing could be further from the truth. UGA is very strong academically & is right there with UCONN. Check the most recent USNWR rankings. I believe Florida is right there with UGA. Vanderbilt is excellent academically. South Carolina & Alabama are good schools, although not at the level of other schools in the region such as Clemson, UGA & Vanderbilt.

Also, SEC schools excel in other sports besides football. This year the SEC had two schools in the final four. That is nothing to sneeze at. And more often than not, an SEC school is playing in the college world series.

So please check your southern bias at the door.

Full Disclosure: I'm from CT & a UCONN grad but I've lived in the South Carolina for a few years now.
So does half the NE who have been bolstering southern populations over the last 30+ yrs!! The Carolina's, Fla, Ga and Alabama are loading up on NE expatriates but the oldtime rednecks aren't happy about it and theres a divide culturally that's more than subtle with this 1st generation of yankee's! I hear its the tax breaks and weather influencing most movers and black's fleeing pre-WW11 opression and seeking work up north are heading back "home"!

Reaction Score
So does half the NE who have been bolstering southern populations over the last 30+ yrs!! The Carolina's, Fla, Ga and Alabama are loading up on NE expatriates but the oldtime rednecks aren't happy about it and theres a divide culturally that's more than subtle with this 1st generation of yankee's! I hear its the tax breaks and weather influencing most movers and black's fleeing pre-WW11 opression and seeking work up north are heading back "home"!

There is truth in what you wrote. Where I live most of the transplants are from the northeast & the upper mid-west. And a lot of companies have moved down here because the environment is business friendly. There are jobs down here & a lot of the transplants have moved down because of their job. I do sense a bit of the cultural divide that you mentioned but it's not prevalent enough to make a difference. Hell, governors from southern states are touring northern states lobbying businesses to move down. I think the native southerners look at it as a double edge sword. They like these businesses moving down but they also realize that a number of transplants will follow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ok, you agree with clean face the the SEC is collection of clown schools that isn't good at anything but football. What do you base that on?
Arkansas, Miss, Miss State....but seriously, I just thought it was a humorous description. I do agree that the ACC is a mish-mash of various types of schools, which I believe are patched together to keep the NC centric conference together. With ND's d*ck in the tailpipe.

Reaction Score
Arkansas, Miss, Miss State....but seriously, I just thought it was a humorous description. I do agree that the ACC is a mish-mash of various types of schools, which I believe are patched together to keep the NC centric conference together. With ND's d*ck in the tailpipe.

Fair enough. Every conference has schools that are stronger academically than other schools in the conference. There are some good schools in the SEC. And Missouri must be up to par academically if the BIG was/is interested. The only part of "Clean Face's" post that I disagreed with is what he wrote about the SEC. I pretty much agreed with everything else he wrote.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. Every conference has schools that are stronger academically than other schools in the conference. There are some good schools in the SEC. And Missouri must be up to par academically if the BIG was/is interested. The only part of "Clean Face's" post that I disagreed with is what he wrote about the SEC. I pretty much agreed with everything else he wrote.
Honestly I think the whole academic angle is over-blown. Any university is excellent for the average student, students get out of it what they put into it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Honestly I think the whole academic angle is over-blown. Any university is excellent for the average student, students get out of it what they put into it.

And the numbers show that your major is much more important to future earnings than your school.

Reaction Score
And the numbers show that your major is much more important to future earnings than your school.

Yes, I would agree. Employers first want to know if a prospective candidate for employment has a degree. They then want to know what the degree is in. What college he/she went to doesn't play a significant part in whether they get the job. It's true, college is what you make of it.

Reaction Score
Yes, I would agree. Employers first want to know if a prospective candidate for employment has a degree. They then want to know what the degree is in. What college he/she went to doesn't play a significant part in whether they get the job. It's true, college is what you make of it.

Depends on the college.

If you look up, say, Bucknell's numbers on payscale, the average grad makes more than grads with engineering degrees at an average state school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom