The Post Game Burning Issues | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Post Game Burning Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So the boneyard doesn't hold any weight... cool! I just hope you're not being that simple. Things travel, big or small... just as we talk about attitudes, head cases, confidence etc. I'm sure you're a smart guy but just feel like being a comedian today. But I surrender... you win!

A good general always knows when it's time to retreat. I accept your surrender. For the record, I don't think the Boneyard holds any weight with the referees officiating UConn games. If they could be persuaded on anything by this group, then everybody would have an influence how they called the game.

Reaction Score
Br'er Bear posted the stats in contradiction the the statement above that Kia played ony about half the minutes that Saniya did but had better stats. There seems to be a small but dedicated cadre who are convinced that it is absolutely imperative that Kia either start or at least get the lion's share of minutes at the two-spot. It doesn't happen that often, but from time to time a Boneyarder or two will develop a fixation either for or against a certain player, and make post after post attempting to convince the rest of us that their point of view is not only correct but important (or maybe crucial). The positive obsessions are merely annoying; the negative obsessions (bballxxxxx, e.g., or Stopnpop) were tolerated in the past to an extent, but I do not believe would be now.

Kia is an excellent player; Saniya is an excellent player. I think we can probably relax and rely on Geno to use their talents in the most effective way for the team and the kids.

I believe the fixation is with a few posters who think Saniya has to start regardless of whether she is the best player available. I said earlier it is a great "problem" to have if we are "discussing" whether Kia or Saniya is the better guard. Am I to take your suggestion to relax if I offer a differing opinion than Saniya has to start?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I believe the fixation is with a few posters who think Saniya has to start regardless of whether she is the best player available. I said earlier it is a great "problem" to have if we are "discussing" whether Kia or Saniya is the better guard. Am I to take your suggestion to relax if I offer a differing opinion than Saniya has to start?

Please...the Boneyard is full of "fixations" on all manner of topics:
Who should start
Who shouldn't start
Why freshman should start over upperclassmen
Why freshman should not start over upperclassmen
Who should be pulled for putting up shots that don't go in
Who should be thrashed for not making shots
Who is the most inspiring player
Who is the biggest disappointment
Who should bring the shoes
How Geno should recruit
How Geno shouldn't recruit
Who should be AA
Who should not be AA
Who should beat UConn
Who should not beat UConn
How other teams are just as important as UConn now that the season has started
and the latest, greatest craze:
How the refs should call the game

It's all the rage.

All 'cause the BY says so.

The Boneyard. The be all, end all, required reading for coaches, parents, players, sports pundits and anyone else anyone can think of.....

It's a great day for America, folks!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Reaction Score
Please...the Boneyard is full of "fixations" on all manner of topics:
Who should start
Who shouldn't start
Why freshman should start over upperclassmen
Why freshman should not start over upperclassmen
Who should be pulled for putting up shots that don't go in
Who should be thrashed for not making shots
Who is the most inspiring player
Who is the biggest disappointment
Who should bring the shoes
How Geno should recruit
How Geno shouldn't recruit
Who should be AA
Who should not be AA
Who should beat UConn
Who should not beat UConn
How other teams are just as important as UConn now that the season has started
and the latest, greatest craze:
How the refs should call the game

It's all the rage.

All 'cause the BY says so.

The Boneyard. The be all, end all, required reading for coaches, parents, players, sports pundits and anyone else anyone can think of.....

It's a great day for America, folks!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Now take a deep breath.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Marisa is a beautiful woman. Why would you insult her like that???? :rolleyes:
You have a similar swagger and I have never seen the two of you in the same place.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The fact that everyone has a right to his opinion does not ncecssarily imply that everyone's opinion is right. Or that the rest of us are improved by reading it over and over.

Reaction Score
had to use my inhaler. I like your definition of a normal person. Does that apply to me, too? :rolleyes:
You could be the exception. But then, you would be a better judge of that than I would.

Reaction Score
I thought both Saniya and Kia looked pretty good, but Saniya just appeared more comfortable and I think Kia looked a little less secure with the ball. I think Kia just looked a little more like a freshman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom