OT: - The picker on Duke & Jalen J. | The Boneyard

OT: The picker on Duke & Jalen J.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Boeheim went on to add that Duke has had "two monster wins" since he opted out and that the team is playing "good basketball," though Duke has only played one game since Johnson's opt-out and its lone win came against a Wake Forest team that is 6-10 overall and 3-10 in ACC play.

Reaction Score
Imagine being a 76 year old fart that picks his nose and makes millions being at a mediocre basketball program commenting on a 19 year old making a decision for his future

Also he says that he (as well as his previous comments on Akinjo) was preventing other players from playing good. How about Girard chucking all those threes Boeheim, because he is definitely hurting your team

Reaction Score
I love how nose picker complains about player during a pandemic then puts a kid on blast for opting out sounds pretty hypocritical. Not that I’m a fan of the kid opting out.

Reaction Score
Jim's wife needs to start putting the pressure on for him to retire.

Reaction Score
Boeheim went on to add that Duke has had "two monster wins" since he opted out and that the team is playing "good basketball," though Duke has only played one game since Johnson's opt-out and its lone win came against a Wake Forest team that is 6-10 overall and 3-10 in ACC play.

I know we have some differing opinions on this issue and that's fine.

Regardless of what we think of this issue as regular people, it's a bit risky as a coach to go hard at Johnson. His job involves convincing kids like Johnson to join his program. If the kid truly is/was a cancer, that's fine and maybe Boeheim is right. But I probably would of stayed silent on the subject if I were a coach. For a handful of reasons.

I certainly would of had my facts right before I slammed the kid.

Reaction Score
Imagine signing to play for him with other options

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I know we have some differing opinions on this issue and that's fine.

Regardless of what we think of this issue as regular people, it's a bit risky as a coach to go hard at Johnson. His job involves convincing kids like Johnson to join his program. If the kid truly is/was a cancer, that's fine and maybe Boeheim is right. But I probably would of stayed silent on the subject if I were a coach. For a handful of reasons.

I certainly would of had my facts right before I slammed the kid.
As soon as Johnson left, the forecasts for Patrick Baldwin (who had already said Johnson’s experience at Duke would have a big impact on his decision) went from Duke to UW-Milwaukee.

Reaction Score
Good on @jaybilas for calling out Boeheim. Also for implying the nose picker is a racist without having to use the word. ESPN: Serving sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere. Edit. Can’t paste the video but on their home page
I had to post this because it's pretty funny. From after last night's game. Boeheim is so ornery in his old age.

“They’re way better than they were. I mean Jay Bilas knows something about basketball. I know more than he knows. I said they were better. They are better. Period,” Boeheim said.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I had to post this because it's pretty funny. From after last night's game. Boeheim is so ornery in his old age.

“They’re way better than they were. I mean Jay Bilas knows something about basketball. I know more than he knows. I said they were better. They are better. Period,” Boeheim said.

Nothing like not letting your comment that former players and future recruits hate ever die

God bless that man

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom