The Path to 64 | The Boneyard

The Path to 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ASSUMPTIONS
1. Notre Dame retreats from ACC partial membership and reverts to full independence.
2. End result is 4 power conferences with 16 members each.
3. Only used existing members of the six BCS conferences.
4. Cincinnati, Louisville and South Florida are left out.

ACC/BIG 12
NORTH: Boston College, Connecticut, Kansas, Kansas State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, West Virginia
SOUTH: Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Wake Forest

BIG TEN
LEGENDS: Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern
LEADERS: Indiana, Maryland, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Virginia

PAC 12
WEST: California, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington State
MOUNTAIN: Arizona, Arizona State, Baylor, Colorado, Texas, TCU, Texas Tech, Utah

SEC
EAST: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
WEST: Arkansas, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M

Reaction Score
Why does acc survive in your opionion? And why does big 12 get broken apart? The big 12 appears more stable to me

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i could live with this 4x16 model any day. im more of a 18/20 guy but this is completely possible and could happen. it would be the b12 and not acc names wise becuase the b12 has the better contract set up. i would argue that between the 4 of wake, duke, cuse and bc 2 of them would be left out over cicny and lville who bring more to the table. wake for sure is a dead man if the acc crashes as they bring literally nothing market/fanbase wise. 1 of the other 3 could be toast also.

edit mine is:

b10+uva/unc/nd/uconn
sec+fsu/clem/vt/ncst
b12+gt/miami/lville/cincy/pitt/cuse/2 slots left
pac+byu/bsu/sdsu/unr 2 slots left

Reaction Score
Why does acc survive in your opionion? And why does big 12 get broken apart? The big 12 appears more stable to me

Fair point. It's not so much that the ACC survives, but what remains of the ACC and Big 12 merge. Based on precedence, teams that are invited to the Big 10 and SEC say yes. I also believe that is more likely that conference teams stick together, rather than promote a non-BCS team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom