The Path Smoothed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Path Smoothed

Reaction Score
After the games were over Monday last week (3-20-17), the sagacious Andy Landers began analyzing a hypothetical match up between Baylor and UConn.
Rebecca Lobo did not join him. She talked about mispronouncing Quinnipiac and managed to cut Landers off ruffling a lot of feathers in Waco land.
Lobo had not fogotten that both teams had to win some games before such a match should be considered by the experts.
Although I am not an expert, I will follow in Lobo's steps. It is an ill omen to talk about FF matchups before today's game.

Reaction Score
Don't believe in omens, karma, etc.

"[W]e ask in all things a reason must be sought. . . . You say, 'We do not know how this is, but we know that God can do it.' You poor fools! God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so.”

William of Conches, c. 1090

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
From what I've heard...

Both Baylor and ND took a dive...

Once again, afraid, of the Huskie's bite.
IT was the referees I tell ya, the referees! :D

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
So we're half-way home.

On paper, this is the ideal path to the championship: no Duke, no Maryland, no Notre Dame, a lesser South Carolina, a team we've already defeated this year. But for some reason, it doesn't feel like a done deal.

These remaining teams are tough. And Oregon believes in themselves.

A path smoothed? I wonder....

I am reminded of 2010-2011, and how elated I was when Tennessee was eliminated in the E8 by Notre Dame, a team UCONN had already beaten three times.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
I know it's hard not project forward but there are still two games to be played tonight. Let's focus on those two games vs. the NC game.
Certainly harder than projecting backward, which we will not spend the next few years doing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
" ...God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so?
vintage-wooden-cow.jpg

Yes, apparently.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't believe in omens, karma, etc.

"[W]e ask in all things a reason must be sought. . . . You say, 'We do not know how this is, but we know that God can do it.' You poor fools! God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so.”

William of Conches, c. 1090
Who is this William guy and how does he know that God has not made a cow out of a tree? :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom