The Paradise Jam - Three Games in Three Days? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Paradise Jam - Three Games in Three Days?

Reaction Score
I went to the FloSports site, possibly the most confusing website I've seen in a long time -- and searched for Paradise Jam. Eventually I found it under the monthly schedule (actually the weekly schedule, once you click into it), and when I found Paradise Jam Women's, it linked to last year's games. Nowhere do I see any promotion for this years' games, unlike the men's Paradise Jam, which is promoted on the home page,

Wait! I just found a way into their current month's schedule, and there it was.

Another thing the don't say in any easy-to-find way is how much it costs. You have to actually fill in your name and email address to get that information, and for those who don't know, it's $30 a month, automatically renewing until you tell it not to. (Remember when certain companies started that practice and everyone thought it was a sleazy attempt to take advantage of those who couldn't remember to opt out? Now all sorts of companies do it, and we think nothing of it.)

It seems they are marketing to micro-audiences -- people interested in middle school athletics, wrestling, band, track, etc., -- so they must figure real fans will pay no matter what it costs. Not sure that's a very user-friendly way to welcome new prospects to their world.

Have to agree with you on the confusion to initially find out how much it costs. As you stated you need to register first and then the pop-up for "Choose a Plan". Either $29.99/mo or Yearly (Most Popular :D ) $12.50/mo. I went for the monthly, I figured for $10/game I can deal with it and cancel after it's over. Also installed FloHoops app for the ROKU so I can watch on big screen.

Reaction Score
They are 18-21 year old kids. They will be fine. Side note, their practices are much tougher than their games. I'm sure the team is GIDDY for this 3 day stretch in paradise!

Reaction Score
Have to agree with you on the confusion to initially find out how much it costs. As you stated you need to register first and then the pop-up for "Choose a Plan". Either $29.99/mo or Yearly (Most Popular :D ) $12.50/mo. I went for the monthly, I figured for $10/game I can deal with it and cancel after it's over. Also installed FloHoops app for the ROKU so I can watch on big screen.
Is there a FloHoops icon on Roku, or did you access the app on the FloHoops site?

Reaction Score
Is there a FloHoops icon on Roku, or did you access the app on the FloHoops site?

I found it online, I usually install all of my apps on the Roku from online...once you login your Roku account. Have not checked from within Roku but I would probably believe you can also get it from within the Roku app, search "FloHoops".

Here's a link,

Roku

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
It seems to me that the lack of tv coverage shows the lack of respect for women’s basketball. I am surprised at SNY.
I agree, but also blame Uconn. A few years ago, Geno and others were complaining about the dwindling number of fans at home games. So now, it's all: come to our home games, and you are on your own if you can't afford to follow us on the road.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom