The Paradise Jam - Three Games in Three Days? | The Boneyard

The Paradise Jam - Three Games in Three Days?

Reaction Score
Yikes.................................. three games in a row seems a bit much to me.......................even if Mississippi, St Johns and Purdue are not exactly the toughest opposition out there..................why would any team want to risk their player's "life and limbs" over a short Caribbean vacation? I know I'm the eternal pessimist but does anybody else out there think at least one break day would have been nice?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I suppose it would. But this tourney and the few others like it have been going on for years and years. I think it is the Paradise Jam that offers (or did) both a 3 game classic and a 2 game tournament. Rutgers certainly participated in both.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Yikes......... three games in a row seems a bit much to me........even if Mississippi, St Johns and Purdue are not exactly the toughest opposition out there...why would any team want to risk their player's "life and limbs" over a short Caribbean vacation? I know I'm the eternal pessimist but does anybody else out there think at least one break day would have been nice?
The Vancouver showcase will be 3 games in 3 days. Notre Dame will play Gonzaga first, then the Rutgers/Drake winner, and then the winner of the bottom bracket (probably South Carolina or Oregon State). Then their next two games are Iowa and UConn (both at home). After that, their OOC is weak with only Marquette as a ranked opponent.

Reaction Score
The Vancouver showcase will be 3 games in 3 days. Notre Dame will play Gonzaga first, then the Rutgers/Drake winner, and then the winner of the bottom bracket (probably South Carolina or Oregon State). Then their next two games are Iowa and UConn (both at home). After that, their OOC is weak with only Marquette as a ranked opponent.

are you completely comfortable with that schedule?

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, 3 games in 3 days does prepare UConn for the AAC tournament.

true but at least that's worth something more then a sunburn...............;)

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
are you completely comfortable with that schedule?
Yes, because the Irish opponents have the same schedule. I don't believe the schedule increases the risk for injury, but it would be hard for ND to compete if they played 3 games in 3 days and their opponents did not.

Reaction Score
Yikes......... three games in a row seems a bit much to me........even if Mississippi, St Johns and Purdue are not exactly the toughest opposition out there...why would any team want to risk their player's "life and limbs" over a short Caribbean vacation? I know I'm the eternal pessimist but does anybody else out there think at least one break day would have been nice?
It’s no biggie - I’m sure the players consider it a break vs. 3 days of 3-1/2 hour practices.

Not to mention the tropical island thing....:cool:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
true but at least that's worth something more then a sunburn.....;)
I’m sure the ladies will have a ball in St Thomas in between games, hanging at the beach, do a little snorkeling and eat some great seafood. Unfortunately, no rum.... :(

Reaction Score
I’m sure the ladies will have a ball in St Thomas in between games, hanging at the beach, do a little snorkeling and eat some great seafood. Unfortunately, no rum.... :(

are you sure about that" I've never seen anybody get carded in the Caribbean...................my 16 daughter was drinking pina coladas in Aruba a few months ago...........she told us they were virgin coladas..........I took a sip...............uhhhhhhh..............No...............

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Relax...it’s not like the other schools aren’t playing 3 games in 3 days! It’s not that serious. It’s actually great for my UCONN WBB fix...I’m grateful!
I would be even more grateful if the games were televised.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Most players(who practice on every off day) consider practices tougher than games.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Games are streamed. Cough up the bucks to support the game. :)

Reaction Score
It seems to me that the lack of tv coverage shows the lack of respect for women’s basketball. I am surprised at SNY.

Reaction Score
??
The men's tournament is going on right now and same thing holds true - coverage is only through the Flosports site.
Simple solution- ask the UCONN AD in the future to only schedule tournaments with national TV coverage. ::shrug::

Reaction Score
I went to the FloSports site, possibly the most confusing website I've seen in a long time -- and searched for Paradise Jam. Eventually I found it under the monthly schedule (actually the weekly schedule, once you click into it), and when I found Paradise Jam Women's, it linked to last year's games. Nowhere do I see any promotion for this years' games, unlike the men's Paradise Jam, which is promoted on the home page,

Wait! I just found a way into their current month's schedule, and there it was.

Another thing the don't say in any easy-to-find way is how much it costs. You have to actually fill in your name and email address to get that information, and for those who don't know, it's $30 a month, automatically renewing until you tell it not to. (Remember when certain companies started that practice and everyone thought it was a sleazy attempt to take advantage of those who couldn't remember to opt out? Now all sorts of companies do it, and we think nothing of it.)

It seems they are marketing to micro-audiences -- people interested in middle school athletics, wrestling, band, track, etc., -- so they must figure real fans will pay no matter what it costs. Not sure that's a very user-friendly way to welcome new prospects to their world.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It seems to me that the lack of tv coverage shows the lack of respect for women’s basketball. I am surprised at SNY.
I am guessing that the tournament contract is prohibiting SNY and other stations/networks from broadcasting the games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom