The Paige effect | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Paige effect

Reaction Score
I saw Dorka miss at least 5 layups can't do that against good teams.
This i also feel confused, she is tall why so rush to throw the ball out? Especially last offence rebound, she can get the ball out and plan to get another attack or let the time
Passed by.

Reaction Score
While that's probably true, it won't help the team Saturday and (hopefully) Monday.

So, right now, she isn't the best guard in the country, imo, nor should she be, considering the injury!
We will know whether it helps or not on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
IMHO- Paige does not yet have her stamina back- won’t until next year.
I think she will get most of her shot back in the coming games.
Having said that, the injury did not affect her court vision or ability anticipate team mates movements.
I agree that Caroline is a key player who needs to play but those 2 layups she missed might be the worst layups missed all year. The 2nd one was mind boggling. She got sped up some. She will be fine as she just needs to play through it. I do understand why Geno bailed though. It was a problem she may not have been able to fix that day.
My guess is that the layups showed Geno she needed to calm down for awhile and because of the way the game went, never really had an opportunity to put her back in. I don’t for a moment think that he took her out with the intent that she was done for the day. It was a very tough game and he went with what he thought would help them get across the finish line. We will see a different sub/benchpattern on Sat!

I look for her to up her assist production and sharpen her shooting eye.
Luckily, there is enough talent on the roster to let it come to her.
If she can contribute 6 assists- 2 steals-2 rebounds and 10 points- we win.
I agree!

Reaction Score
??? Azzi was excellent. Christyn also. Actually everyone who played contributed meaningfully, perhaps excepting CD in her brief minutes. And I hope to see more of her Saturday. It was a tough game. They struggled with layups. But they toughed it out. Check out the closing minutes' free throws. Check out the string of defensive stops.
Good points... Although UConn was rattled, they did come through. And Azzi--it is commendable for a freshman to hit clutch threes in a tight game, then go a perfect 4 for 4 from the line down the stretch...Azzi gained additional confidence and a great source of affirmation that she can be in a do-or-die game in the tournament and come through... IU had better be prepared for an even more confident, missile-firing Azzi Saturday...

Reaction Score
You're right. Opposing teams probably don't even need to guard Paige :)

Reaction Score
Nobody is saying PB is at 100%. But even at 80%, Paige is better than 80% of all guards playing at this time. Is that enough? Plenty enough according to GA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom