THE PA ANNOUNCER | The Boneyard

THE PA ANNOUNCER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm sure the PA Announcer is a nice individual and for all I know he's the second coming of Mother Teresa and god bless him for that if he is, but that was the worst job I've ever heard in any arena, in any stadium, in any sport.

Is he a UConn PA guy? An XL Center guy? Is this guy going to be doing UConn hoops?

I don't even know the word to describe it...light? elevator music? Someone help me out here. This is hockey, a rough sport. The building was on fire, loud, etc.

And when a goal was announced or a penalty announced or the usual between whistles advertising announced, it was just jarring. The entire section was wondering if we were being punk'd, if some BC fan had taken over the mike and made a mockery of it.

I hope we get a new voice in a couple weeks. This guy was the furthest thing from Greg Gilmartin that you could ever imagine.

On the flip side, I guess things are going well for me when the only thing I can complain about is the PA announcer.

Reaction Score
No, your correct. It was like he was there to promote "pillow talk" for some light listening music station! I'm hoping he isn't the permanent answer, there is no sizzle there.

Reaction Score
I wouldnt be surprised at all if he was a student working in the Athletic Communications department...and for every game up until Wednesday that was just fine. small crowds in a small building. I would bet that it students on every PA except for Football and Mens hoops...and perhaps womens hoops as well now

Reaction Score
UConn should really know better though. This was a huge game, it's hockey. Not the equestrian team. Again, my complaints about the experience was pretty much just this so I don't want to blast UConn much on it - if it's even their call.

But anyone could see that this voice was just not a match. Equestrian team, perhaps. Not Hockey East...or any hockey.

Reaction Score
Too funny. I noticed the same thing. "Medicated" was the adjective used when I asked my son what was up with the announcer.

Reaction Score
I could not hear him. It was too loud to hear anything!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I liked him. He is so nice that I invited him to my house for Thanksgiving dinner. Very pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom