The origins of Women's Basketball | The Boneyard

The origins of Women's Basketball

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
upload_2017-11-14_14-55-42.png

Three things I love about this:
1. Those shoes. I wonder which shoe manufacturer won that lucrative contract.
2. That hair. Enough said.
3. The defender's left hand behind her own back. What is she, playing Family Feud?

Reaction Score
View attachment 26152

3. The defender's left hand behind her own back. What is she, playing Family Feud?

History----History, real history of the UConn game!! Not a darn thing funny--that was then this is now--courageous women VERY courageous.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
History----History, real history of the UConn game!! Not a darn thing funny--that was then this is now--courageous women VERY courageous.
By no means did I intend to diminish their courage or significance. One can admire the pioneers while still marveling at how times have changed.

Reaction Score
There were no women sports in many of the states not too long ago. I was shocked when I found that out.

Reaction Score
By no means did I intend to diminish their courage or significance. One can admire the pioneers while still marveling at how times have changed.
no problem--don't take all my BS seriously, I'm an idiot.

Reaction Score
I was somewhat aghast at the pictures revealed in the early part of the video. It appeared that the basketball backboards used transcended time and were made of glass. That was clarified at 5:47 when it was revealed they were actually of chicken wire. Glass backboards actually came into use in 1910 but were then briefly banned. Interestingly enough back boards were installed ( sometime in the early 90"s) not to help the shooters but to prevent the fans in the balconies from interfering with the ball.

Reaction Score
View attachment 26152

And here we thought the "Mighty Mac's" skits were a kick. Wouldn't it be interesting to play a retro game where the players had to wear the same outfits as these and play under the same conditions- chicken wire backboards, silly songs, soccer balls and all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom