OT: - The Open Championship | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: The Open Championship

Reaction Score
To say Rahm is a streaky player is an understatement! One of the biggest tempers in golf. He can also stand to improve his fitness a bit, especially at his age. Fun to watch!

Reaction Score
He just reconciled with the wife he just served divorce papers on. Those are 2 major life events.
Yes but that happened before the US open. Nothing personally (at least publicly) changed since then. He choked away the Us Open

Reaction Score
Xander running away with it. He's the best player in the world right now and Player of the Year. With all the talk and buzz around Scotty's year, Xander has the same number of majors as Scotty (2). I would argue that Xander has a much better major's record than Scotty as well.

Reaction Score
Schauffele pouring it on, Scheffler falling apart, literally. That follow through must be hard on his body.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This is not the finish I was expecting. Start of the day thought there would be like 8 guys within 2 of lead at the 16th.

Credit to Xander. Not the guy I was expecting to break out of the pack. He's made this anti-climactic.

Reaction Score
Yes but that happened before the US open. Nothing personally (at least publicly) changed since then. He choked away the Us Open
Those life events things are huge from any psychological viewpoint. Yeah, shouldn’t blame 2 missed putts on them, but everyone who has ever played has missed shots like that. Just wrong time, wrong place.

Reaction Score
He just reconciled with the wife he just served divorce papers on. Those are 2 major life events.
My original comment was in reply to someone that said Rory didn’t seem right coming in. My reply was that he should have won the us open 4 weeks ago, and according to accounts his personal life was status quo before the us open. Nothing that we know changed since the us. open….except his atrocious play

Reaction Score
My original comment was in reply to someone that said Rory didn’t seem right coming in. My reply was that he should have won the us open 4 weeks ago, and according to accounts his personal life was status quo before the us open. Nothing that we know changed since the us. open….except his atrocious play
That’s why golf is just a 4 letter word.

Reaction Score
Once the putter goes, its over. Doesnt matter how good a ball-striker you are, or how long you hit it.

Rory has always been a below average "clutch" putter, imo, and, putting is mostly mental. That's not going to suddenly change in his mid 30s. Watson was one of the best ball-strikers well into his 40s, but he lost his putting stroke in his mid-30s and never won another Major, although he was close.

Reaction Score
Once the putter goes, its over. Doesnt matter how good a ball-striker you are, or how long you hit it.

Rory has always been a below average "clutch" putter, imo, and, putting is mostly mental. That's not going to suddenly change in his mid 30s. Watson was one of the best ball-strikers well into his 40s, but he lost his putting stroke in his mid-30s and never won another Major, although he was close.
Yes,... He missed that 4 footer to win The Open in 2009 and wound up losing ito Cink in the eventual playoff at Turnberry. 4 to 6 footers were Watson's nightmare at rhe end of his career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom