OT: - The Open Championship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: The Open Championship

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know I'm redboarding here but Rory didn't seem right mentally coming in. He needs to go chill somewhere.

Reaction Score
I know I'm redboarding here but Rory didn't seem right mentally coming in. He needs to go chill somewhere.
Going through huge personal issues, as well as some playing issues. Not ideal for playing good golf.

Reaction Score
Going through huge personal issues, as well as some playing issues. Not ideal for playing good golf.
Yes but he was 2 short puts away from winning US Open. Nothing in his personal life changed that much in 4 weeks

Reaction Score
Rory - what a disappointment. Blames the wind and weather conditions in his presser. Yes, it wasnt ideal, but many top players are shooting good scores. No excuse except his game couldn't adjust.
How do u blame wind and weather when you're from Northern Ireland?

Reaction Score
Picking Rory to finish dead last would have been a smarter bet! What a total collapse in his game this week, especially after last week's T4.

Reaction Score
Its sad to see Tiger play like this. Its one thing not winning, but its obvious he can't compete. He looks like he's aged 50 years from winning the Masters just a few years ago. Yes, he's an old man (in golf years) coming off a very serious injury, but for the 1st time, he "looks" like an old man. I want to remember the competitive Tiger. :(

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Troon is certainly claiming a bunch of victims today. At least Finau doesn't have to worry about another crappy Sunday round in a major, lol.

My guys (Scott, Bryson, Kim) would've cost me a pretty penny. Scott will just make the cut, the other two will be on flights tomorrow.

Reaction Score
^ wind, rolling terrain, sand traps that are real hazards and short grass around the greens will do that. A shame the US doesn’t have courses like this (yes some people will point to Shinnecock of NGLA but they’re nowhere close to this)

Reaction Score
Koepka and Johnson paired tomorrow at +1 could be interesting, both should be pretty relaxed. They could go low or blow up and start drinking early.

Reaction Score
^ wind, rolling terrain, sand traps that are real hazards and short grass around the greens will do that. A shame the US doesn’t have courses like this (yes some people will point to Shinnecock of NGLA but they’re nowhere close to this) Last legit rou
The fairway bunkers here are just shallow ponds of sand. Last legit rough I saw was at Rockledge in West Hartford many years ago. Dechambeau winning (Rory losing) the US Open hitting 5 fairways on Sunday...was not happening in Scotland.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Billy Horschel's scrambling back nine in these conditions is simply incredible.

Dude has only made the Open cut 4x of 10 and never finished above 21st. When did he learn to play links in the rain? And doing it in a soaked short sleeve shirt at 59F when everyone else is in rain gear makes it all the more awesome.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Rahm making a mad charge. 4 birds in first 7 holes. Now only two off the lead. This could get really interesting

Reaction Score
This is Billy's Major to lose. No excuses. He needs to win a Major and the time is now.
He has zero control of anyone else’s game. He can play as well as he possibly can, and still lose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom