The Only Time I've Ever Enjoyed What Doris Burke Had to Say | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Only Time I've Ever Enjoyed What Doris Burke Had to Say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, Purvis driving the lane is almost like a missile attack on the UConn offense.
Agreed, Purvis driving the lane has been known to cause pain and heartbreak

Reaction Score
I think Doris was spot on last night. I enjoy her analysis more than any other analyst out there.

Reaction Score
When Doris Burke got pretty heated about the horrible foul called on Boat that lead to his technical might've been the only time I've agreed with or found value in anything she's said.
I was delighted on her reaction and commentary. I think she doesn't get enough credit. I know I'll probably get jumped on by saying this but I think there is a bias. Not that she is a woma but that we are not as used to hearing women in the business. I am not saying she's great but I do think she more than holds her own and she is not afraid to call things out.

Reaction Score
theres definitely a bias. i have friends who trash doris and kara lawson (also very good) solely because of their gender, i dont think they even pay attention to their analysis and professionalism

Reaction Score
Put me squarely in the "I like Doris" camp. I think she adds insight without trying to look smarter than everyone watching, she calls it straight, and I think she is a real pro. She is better most of the former coaches who broadcast IMO.

Reaction Score
I think Doris is really good as well. Smart, knows her stuff, and does a much better job maintaining her neutrality than some others (cough, Vitale, cough).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
theres definitely a bias. i have friends who trash doris and kara lawson (also very good) solely because of their gender,
Didn't realize you were friends with mau!

Reaction Score
Raftery, Bilas & Burke are head-and-shoulders above all the other analysts out there at the moment. I think Kara Lawson is great, too.

My only issue with Doris is when she hosts - she's adequate at best. But for color commentary she's tough to beat.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Put me squarely in the "I like Doris" camp. I think she adds insight without trying to look smarter than everyone watching, she calls it straight, and I think she is a real pro. She is better most of the former coaches who broadcast IMO.
I'm with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC