The Only Thing This Board should Worry About This Season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Only Thing This Board should Worry About This Season

Reaction Score
I'm more concerned about scoring guards. We lose a lot when Jalen goes and we are going to have to somehow replace his points.

Reaction Score
This is the transition year. If we land the right guys next year we start to see real progress. At least we aren’t struggling with teams like Lowell and UNH any more.
Exactly. We are kicking the crap out of the cupcakes instead of losing or going into OT to just barely win. We beat Syracuse, and we did not get blown out by Arizona or FSU. Iowa was to much for us, but this team as a whole is way better than the last two years. We have to be patient, we will get there with Hurley.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s good to have hope but based on what i’ve seen against better teams it’s a stretch, which is why landing the big is the only concern.

Seriously? Arizona and FSU are both better than any team in the AAC. Both of those games were winnable almost to the end. The Iowa game was the only game we couldn't have won. The team is coming together. Defense was much better against FSU even as we struggled with their defense. Foul Shooting alone has cost us two games.

The concern is winning games right now and making the tournament. Nothing else matters.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we need some shooters. Small teams can compete against bigger ones if they collectively shoot lights out like Loyola-Chicago last year. Unfortunately for us it seems only one guy per game is shooting well outside besides the Syracuse game which we won. Our bigs stink and I don't expect that to change anytime soon so we will have to shoot great to win against bigger teams.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Better could mean 5 pts 3 rebs in 15 minutes against top comp.
I think it will be more than that, but I guess we will see.

Reaction Score
Did they have bigs?
They had multiple guys who could shoot the lights out at 35 feet. We have no great 3 shooters to extend out the D and take pressure off our lightweight bigs. If you lack effective bigs, you got to be especially good at shooting the rock beyond the arc, and your bigs need to be able to move and rotate from low to high and high to low for back door cutting and passing, and occasionally pop a 15 footer. We just don’t have the pieces for that . Patience and we will build a first rate squad with true bigs, great wing players and excellent penetrating and shooting guards.

Reaction Score
We need SHOOTERS. If AG can get open people the ball we have to make shots. AG needs to make the cake let it rise put it in the oven hope he has teammates that can deliver the bakery to the customers. GO HUSKIES,,,
They are good shoooters, what they lack is poise and confidence. When the game is on the line against good teams, the hoop closes up, even wide open shots don't go in. Call it what you like, nerves or lack of belief. When they play freely against lesser opponents they fill it up. They just need a little more Ben Gordon and they would be a very tough out.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
wait, wut? the "only thing to worry about?" uh, the "only thing" I worry about is that the game feed doesn't make it to the crib, since I don't want to miss a second of any husky game in the New Era, the Age of Hurley, the Great Re-Awakening, the Dawn of Sunlight in Storrs, the Road to Number 5, the Days of In-Yo-Grill Dawg Dominance, The Epoch of Excellance, the …. seriously, das it, cuz the pizza guy has 4 wheel, and there iz zero chance that ahbitz won't be on the table come gametime. 'course, gotta keep the big stick handy to persuade the hounds against even thinkin' aboot comin near the pies....stupid hounds, they're too uncivilized to even use a napkin, much less hold a frosty mug in their paws.

Reaction Score
wait, wut? the "only thing to worry about?" uh, the "only thing" I worry about is that the game feed doesn't make it to the crib, since I don't want to miss a second of any husky game in the New Era, the Age of Hurley, the Great Re-Awakening, the Dawn of Sunlight in Storrs, the Road to Number 5, the Days of In-Yo-Grill Dawg Dominance, The Epoch of Excellance, the …. seriously, das it, cuz the pizza guy has 4 wheel, and there iz zero chance that ahbitz won't be on the table come gametime. 'course, gotta keep the big stick handy to persuade the hounds against even thinkin' aboot comin near the pies....stupid hounds, they're too uncivilized to even use a napkin, much less hold a frosty mug in their paws.
Of course.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom