The Only Thing This Board should Worry About This Season | The Boneyard

The Only Thing This Board should Worry About This Season

Reaction Score
Are we going to have the big men we need next year? We have Akok so as long as he suits up we’re half way there right? 2 good guards coming and others still coming back with AG leading the way. Strength coach working his magic. Future is brightening.

Reaction Score
It’s good to have hope but based on what i’ve seen against better teams it’s a stretch, which is why landing the big is the only concern.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Are we going to have the big men we need next year? We have Akok so as long as he suits up we’re half way there right? 2 good guards coming and others still coming back with AG leading the way. Strength coach working his magic. Future is brightening.
Carlton will be better next year, especially with another year of Sal's training. He has a body that can build muscle mass. Akok, Carlton is a good start. Hopefully we add Kofi.

Last edited:

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I agree. There were too many positional holes to fill this year. Need them filled next year. I thought going into this year, we had to learn man to man defense with an undersized group that hasn't demonstrated commitment to building athleticism or fitness and an offense that was largely incoherent and frankly stinky last year. And change the culture to instill mental and physical toughness. All without a huge talent infusion. This is a huge amount of change to expect for 1 year. I am seeing glimpses in the rebounding numbers, the defensive style of play, competitiveness, and scoring offense. Keep growing in these areas this year and I will consider year one a good first step regardless of win totals at year end. Then we can layer on talent to a demonstrably stronger foundation. I'll be withholding judgment until year end.

Reaction Score
Carlton will be better next year, especially with another year of Sal's training. He has a body that can build muscle mass. Akok, Carlton is a good start. Hopefully we add Kofi.

I think Carlton is pretty naturally strong. What he lacks is explosion. He needs to work on his quickness and vertical.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think Carlton is pretty naturally strong. What he lacks is explosion. He needs to work on his quickness and vertical.
Fair enough, but he also needs strength and bulk so he can finish and isn't easy to move off the block.

Reaction Score
I haven’t posted it but I thought our defense is so far this year has not been as good as I thought it would be.
In fact our performance against UMass Lowell was pathetic as were parts against a very ordinary Uof A team.
Maybe my perspective is distorted because I was only able to get the feed for the last 8 minutes.
But I saw in those minutes the formula for a successful season
Make no mistake FSU was back on there heels and had to play their butts off not to lose.
The guy goes over the back for a block ( I’m not saying it wasn’t clean) but 90% of the time it’s a made basket and s foul and the game is up for grabs. JA should of gone harder true but he blew by their D like they were chairs. FSU dodged a bullet.
If we could keep up that kind of intensity we will be a tough team to play in conference.

Reaction Score
Carlton and Akok both 19 years old. Carlton will have two years of experience on him and I suspect will be a very well remembered big before his career is over.
I can see them playing together with an ever improving Polley . Heck with Adams / Wilson at the two that a very long and athletic lineup.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Thanks for the advice

Reaction Score
Fair enough, but he also needs strength and bulk so he can finish and isn't easy to move off the block.

I think with Carlton it’s more mental than physical. There are guys his size that are doing some damage across the league. What he lacks imo is toughness and that killer instinct.
I think that’s kind of an innate trait and not sure we can count on that to change.

Reaction Score
I hope the players and coaches don’t have the attitude expressed in this thread.

The season isn’t over by a long shot.
The point is we are short on talent. They play hard but when play hard teams who lack talent meet teams with significant upgrades in talent, the talent wins 9 times out of 10. How many times did the real good Calhoun teams play lackadaisical games against the St Johns or dePauls of the world yet manage to ultimately pull away?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
The point is we are short on talent. They play hard but when play hard teams who lack talent meet teams with significant upgrades in talent, the talent wins 9 times out of 10. How many times did the real good Calhoun teams play lackadaisical games against the St Johns or dePauls of the world yet manage to ultimately pull away?
Well, I'm hoping we haven't yet reached the ceiling on talent development for this season. I'm expecting some players to be better than they are right now come time for conference play.

Reaction Score
Well, I'm hoping we haven't yet reached the ceiling on talent development for this season. I'm expecting some players to be better than they are right now come time for conference play.
We need SHOOTERS. If AG can get open people the ball we have to make shots. AG needs to make the cake let it rise put it in the oven hope he has teammates that can deliver the bakery to the customers. GO HUSKIES,,,

Reaction Score
Loyola of Chicago made it to the Final Four last season. Team has enough talent to make noise.

Reaction Score
Better could mean 5 pts 3 rebs in 15 minutes against top comp.

amidagoat

Amida was the goat
Reaction Score
Did they have bigs?

They had Cameron Krutwig. Big, beefy white dude. Would not be surprised if he goes undrafted and gets signed to a G league deal. Kid is strong and talented, just not the quickest.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
shooters are important but you need bigs to deal with the long season.

I believe they got two good shooters in Bouknight and Akok with Gaffney to help with bringing the ball up the court.

Reaction Score
shooters are important but you need bigs to deal with the long season.

I believe they got two good shooters in Bouknight and Akok with Gaffney to help with bringing the ball up the court.

Akok Akok shot 24 percent from 3 on the gauntlet. Gaffney shot 44 percent from 3 on UAA. Gaffney can shoot.

Akok has great form but might not be quite the shooter we think, at the moment.

Reaction Score
We need SHOOTERS. If AG can get open people the ball we have to make shots. AG needs to make the cake let it rise put it in the oven hope he has teammates that can deliver the bakery to the customers. GO HUSKIES,,,
Yum! Cake!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom