The only thing that concerns me | The Boneyard

The only thing that concerns me

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The only thing I care about is that we as a team get healthy and are ready to play. We have heard about the fatigue, injuries and everything else. Get healthy and Im not sure there is a team that can beat us. This is the only thing that concerns me. Focus on what needs to be done to win another NC. Forget about everything else. The goal is a NC and we can do it if we are healthy and up to speed.

Reaction Score
This is why I wish we had a team of 14 players.... I know he typically will go 7-8 deep... but the other players can get in and get some time at the end of blow outs to help our players rest...

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This is why I wish we had a team of 14 players.... I know he typically will go 7-8 deep... but the other players can get in and get some time at the end of blow outs to help our players rest...
But we don't, so we have to go with who is available and play accordingly...

Reaction Score
after watching most of the top 25 teams 6+ times I really think this UConn team is the best team in the country when healthy. If we can get and stay healthy by the end of January through March, I don’t see us losing another game. Staying healthy is a big if though with this bunch sadly.

Reaction Score
The only thing I care about is that we as a team get healthy and are ready to play. We have heard about the fatigue, injuries and everything else. Get healthy and Im not sure there is a team that can beat us. This is the only thing that concerns me. Focus on what needs to be done to win another NC. Forget about everything else. The goal is a NC and we can do it if we are healthy and up to speed.
Uconn is more than a few young ladies getting together to play basketball. I'm trying to find the words to explain what I mean. Uconn is a movement, an idea of excellence,perfected to perform at the highest level of competition between other young ladies of similar thought. The biggest advantage we have is GENO and CD. They have formulated the movement or idea and look for the best athletes that will fulfill and take it to the level that will promise wins. The adherence to the game is proof that it works, because with all our woes, we have a winning record and the prospect of more titles and championships. I hope I have expressed it enough that you get what I'm saying. I love Uconn and pray all the time for the players. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Well said, @Tonyc. You've captured my sentiments exactly. Our strength is our team culture and cohesiveness. Lots of teams have talented players, but those players may not be on cohesive teams. When we get healthy, we will have that one [HUGE] advantage. I imagine Geno and his staff are entirely focused on the task of reassembling the team and getting to an NC.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
after watching most of the top 25 teams 6+ times I really think this UConn team is the best team in the country when healthy. If we can get and stay healthy by the end of January through March, I don’t see us losing another game. Staying healthy is a big if though with this bunch sadly.
Getting and staying healthy the remainder of the season will be as big a challenge as some teams we've yet to play (Tennessee/South Carolina). Easier said than done. As Tonyc said above in "capsulated" form............."Keep the main thing the main thing." ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Uconn is more than a few young ladies getting together to play basketball. I'm trying to find the words to explain what I mean. Uconn is a movement, an idea of excellence,perfected to perform at the highest level of competition between other young ladies of similar thought. The biggest advantage we have is GENO and CD. They have formulated the movement or idea and look for the best athletes that will fulfill and take it to the level that will promise wins. The adherence to the game is proof that it works, because with all our woes, we have a winning record and the prospect of more titles and championships. I hope I have expressed it enough that you get what I'm saying. I love Uconn and pray all the time for the players. GO HUSKIES!!!
How many top 50 teams could lose their two best players for the length of time Azzi has been out, and still only lose 2 games? UConn has had at least 3 starters out at various times during the season. Azzi, Caroline, Aubrey and Nika have all been out at various in their first 15 games. Edwards, Lopez- Senechal and Patterson are the only players to appear in all 15 games.

1673239779150.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom