The only thing that blocks us out is... | The Boneyard

The only thing that blocks us out is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... if ND decides they want to join the ACC w/ Rutgers as their 16th. The ACC is going to 16 teams, it's happening at some point, and UConn is in their plans. The only way I see this imploding is if ND demands RU come with them as a condition of their joining the ACC in all sports, and RU play their home games v ND at Meadowlands. ACC and RU would sign on for that in a minute. This is the only scenario that concerns me.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The only thing that blocks us out is the ACC and Big 10 don't want to go to 16.

Reaction Score
... if ND decides they want to join the ACC w/ Rutgers as their 16th. The ACC is going to 16 teams, it's happening at some point, and UConn is in their plans. The only way I see this imploding is if ND demands RU come with them as a condition of their joining the ACC in all sports, and RU play their home games v ND at Meadowlands. ACC and RU would sign on for that in a minute. This is the only scenario that concerns me.

RU would Sign on in a minute? Only if the alternative is that they get left out of Superconference membership. They've already played hardball with ND over the Meadowlands & said no. I realize that this time there's much more at stake, & you're right, they'd probably give in. But while signing those papers, they'd better get it in writing that they'd control tickets & concessions for those "home" games or ND will demand half.

Reaction Score
The only thing that blocks us out is the ACC and Big 10 don't want to go to 16.
True, but I feel pretty comfortable that the ACC is going to 16, not sticking at 14.

Reaction Score
I'm more worried about ND to the BigTen, because that would give RU a spot in the conference and it would leave UConn without a partner to be the 16th team.

Reaction Score
maybe at some point, but it feels like expansion is pretty much done for now. the Big12 and the BE will lick their wounds for a few years until the inevitable next shake up. it sounds like Pitino was pushing for Memphis, which i'd be ok with, and we may have to go along with UofL to keep them from jumping to the B12. the addition of Army/Navy for football only would be about as good a football conference as we have now. hopefully by the time things move again we'll be in a position to join the B10 rather than the ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom