The one time our defensive line moved pre-snap, it caused an OL penalty. | The Boneyard

The one time our defensive line moved pre-snap, it caused an OL penalty.

Reaction Score
One of my pet peeves has been the lack of pre-snap movement of our defensive lines. It went on for years, then last year we started to move, just a little bit. This year we were back to using our defensive linemen like wooden posts. Then our of nowhere at the end of the game our guys moved and voila!

Moving pre-snap confuses the offensive assignments. It takes away the offense's ability to predict the defense. The offense has to adjust to our adjustment. It changes the angles and strength of the defense. QBs can no longer walk to the line and know exactly what UConn do. It messes with their comfort level. In the past even opposing QBs have commented on our defense saying "we knew exactly wahat the defense was going to do."

Why we hadn't moved the defensive line this year has puzzled me. We are going backwards. Oh well.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It was perfectly timed. If they did it every snap, it wouldn't have worked when they needed it.

Reaction Score
There is somewhere between never, once and all the time. Move, offense shifts backs or ends, move again. UConn is the least deceptive team on offense and defense in FBS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom