The Official Whack'em Up Side the Temple Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official Whack'em Up Side the Temple Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Temple's not even playing well and they have a second half lead on the road.

Putting aside all the things this team seems to struggle with (running offense, defending the perimeter, defending the pick and roll, not committing moronic foul after moronic foul) it mystifies me that they play with so little energy. They just seem sluggish and not on the same page - something just seems off.

The individual pieces on this team continue to be far better than the unit on the floor, and the Bahamas was 6 weeks ago. I'm not giving up on them by any means, but expectations have been significantly ratcheted down.

Reaction Score
At this point I would be shocked if Hamilton left for the draft, he gets to where he wants on the floor but is pretty awful at finishing, just needs to work on a lot of things. The talent is there but needs a lot of seasoning.

Reaction Score
I wanna see some inside out offense. It's frustrating watching 25 seconds of passing around the perimeter and jacking up an ugly 3

Reaction Score
It's tough to be a jump shooting team when you can't shoot jumpshots. This whole thing where the other team attacks the basket and takes 3x as many free throws because all we do is sit around and jack is getting old.

Reaction Score
Effort & execution more pathetic than MD game so far if that's possible

Reaction Score
Just imagine if Kevin Ollie had to navigate in the Old Big East where you had to play a Louisville, Syracuse, and Pitt in 9 days.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
BAck in August we were going to the Final Four.

Reaction Score
There is plenty of talent.

I don't know what the heck is wrong with these guys.
Where is the grit and effort?
Can a leader step-up?

HCKO, you need to take some body to the woodshed and put a little fear into these guys like HCJC would have done some time ago.

Reaction Score
I just don't see enough talent on this team

They had the talent to be within 3 of Maryland and Gonzaga in the final minute. They certainly have enough talent to beat AAC teams. They are flawed for sure. But people may have to start taking a good long hard look at the coach for these wildly inconsistent efforts against beatable competition.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Two things:
10 point favorites? Are u kidding me
We do NOT have dependable point guard. Adams too much Jerome Dyson in him....force it withou having the chops ...sorry that's how I feel

I'd sort of agree, except I think Gibbs has mostly been the problem. He does absolutely nothing with the ball. He runs a pick and roll and dribbles twice to the 3 line then backs out again.

Adams has had some frosh problems, but he isn't usually running the team, and he at least gets into the lane and tries to/makes plays.

Reaction Score
They had the talent to be within 3 of Maryland and Gonzaga in the final minute. They certainly have enough talent to beat AAC teams. They are flawed for sure. But people may have to start taking a good long hard look at the coach for these wildly inconsistent efforts against beatable competition.
Yeah, obviously KO isn't the one who runs the plays, makes the shots and plays defense, but the fire he had his first couple seasons just isn't there in my opinion. I mean it's hard to be as fired up when you don't have the special player that shabazz was, and i may take some flack because i know KO is revered on here, and I've been one of them to do so, but i just want to see him pump up the team some more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom