The Official UMD Exit Fee Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official UMD Exit Fee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is really impossible to know until you see: 1) what kind of 'revamped' deal the ACC comes away with and; 2) what the other conference is offering. Based on the kind of money the B1G is throwing around vs. the ACC deal Maryland already gave us the answer: No.
well MD has already decided to go this route so I assume they're prepared to pay upwards of $50M. Based on the assumption that everyone is waiting to see how this turns out before deciding to leave the ACC, i think it's a fair question whether there is a figure that would stop other teams and if $40M is that figure... For Big10, maybe not. but for the Big12? the money may be there, but not if Tx or OK decide to leave down the road.

If $40-50M wasn't an issue, why would anyone care how this turns out.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
HFD is correct! The speedier the better for UConn. He pretty much spells out what happens if the 52 million wins vs. a much lower number. The thing is there will be no further realignment until it is settled.

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if MD ends up pay significantly more than 20M, and could end up paying less.

Whatever the fee ends up being, the big 10 will subsidize part of it, MD will be making 30+ million per year so they'll be on their way to solid financial ground.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Our president is expecting Swoffy to enforce it to the penny (just over 52M).

Then again, if it's found to be unenforcable, I'll be waiting for the first rights-grant team to litigate granting TV rights as unenforcable too.
I think that GORs have a better chance, for what that is worth.

I think the ACC hurt itself by finding a replacement so quickly after the MD departure. The fact that teams were lining up for admission hurts as well. In the end, the big number plus no actual damages will mean that the ACC will settle for a 'nominal' number. That said they have zero incentive to do so in the near term. Every day of delay buys another day before the next raid on the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom