The Official "Thank you" Dan and Lisa Thread | The Boneyard

The Official "Thank you" Dan and Lisa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Getting ready to leave for the Rent in about ten minutes and was thinking about today. Not sure what we'll get from the team and I'm sure there will be plenty gnashing of teeth during and post game, win or lose.

However today is about something bigger. Remembering a special person and player whose personality and smile could light up every room.

I'm struck that two people from Prospect took it upon themselves to ensure Jazz is not forgotten and that his legacy will live on for many every time they walk by the memorial that will be unveiled today.

And so while I know Dan and Lori's motivation was about honoring Jazz, there is no way today's unveiling happens without their compassion, vision and drive.

I know there is a another thread with all of our 'thank you's' imbedded in it but I figured your efforts deserved its own. So from me and my family, a big "Thanks" and "Huzzah" to you both.

GO Dogs!!

Skibs

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I also want to thank Dan and Lori for their efforts. This was an incredible (and very important) undertaking and they deserve an immense amount of gratitude from all fans and friends of UConn for this.

Reaction Score
What can be more motivational to a team than doing a remembrance of a man who knew how to play the game hard and came with energy whistle to whistle. Thanks for helping to make this special day!! Go huskies

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great gesture, great they honor Jasper, great we honor them and great we keep in perspective what's important in life.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hope they are staying warm and dry for now because it's cold and wet by the statue. :)

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Dan and Lori set a nice example of #HuskyUp for the rest of us...
Like x10!!!!! couldn't make it today had to work to pay of the kids braces, see you in the big apple Section 206 rows 1&2 ,Army sucks ass,saw them against Yale not impressed at all.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Like x10!!!!! couldn't make it today had to work to pay of the kids braces, see you in the big apple Section 206 rows 1&2 ,Army sucks ass,saw them against Yale not impressed at all.

Now I just need a Mod to help me out and change my post to say "Dan and Lisa"...

#ModUp

Reaction Score
That was outstanding work on the memorial and what class from Daneisha Freeman on plaque to Lowry's. Terrific job all around.

Reaction Score
Beautiful.

Attachments

• image-4288778697.jpg
    image-4288778697.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 56

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Dan and Lisa, great job! it was cold and wet, and warm and moving to be there with you and the family.

See ya at the tailgates!

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Thank You everyone! It was an amazing day and a great win. (Btw, my wife's name is Lisa, not Lori) but she thanks you too, lol. Jazz is smiling down on us right now!

It wouldn't be the Boneyard if there wasn't some major name mistakes going on. Thanks to you and Liane for the drive to get this done.

Reaction Score
As I've said elsewhere, this is a great example of the power of an idea coupled with a dedicated, passionate and (most importantly) undaunted spirit to see it come to fruition--despite all the hurdles. As Dan will attest, Lisa was (fittingly) like a dog with a bone she absolutely refused to let go of. And while they both richly deserve all the accolades and public credit, if you knew them, you'd realize that's the farthest thing from their minds. Well done my friends.

Reaction Score
Terrific job...ceremony was very well done too, including the video highlights of Jazz and the words from Edsall. Well done Dan and Lisa, it was the only time all day I didn't feel the rain or cold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom