The Official Spring Training Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official Spring Training Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
True you never know but Yankees must also think he is real deal as they offered 25 million.

We will see....
They looked at him three times.

Reaction Score
They looked at him three times.

However many times and whatever their evaluation process....the Yanks clearly think he is a future stud or else they dont offer 25 mill.

So do the Sox and many others...

We will see.

Reaction Score
However many times and whatever their evaluation process....the Yanks clearly think he is a future stud or else they dont offer 25 mill.

So do the Sox and many others...

We will see.

Yes but there is a difference in thinking he MAY be a future stud and knowing he will be. Guess we'll see

Reaction Score
With the 2 young Cubans signed the Sox need to trade away either Swihart or Betts to get Hammels. I'd move Betts even though I like the kid a lot. Throw in a Nava or Craig if they have to but the Sox need to get the job done. As the team stands now they could make the playoffs but they would be in trouble post season with the shortened pitching rotations.
All of this highlights how dumb they were not to sign Lester last spring.

Reaction Score
True you never know but Yankees must also think he is real deal as they offered 25 million.

We will see....
They were willing to go up to $27 Mil. Double that for the bonus over allowable to $54 mil and the difference between their offer and the Sox offer was a mere $9 Mil.

Like I said, that's less than ownership took it upon themselves - over and above the GM - to sign Rafael Soriano for per year in 2011 (2 yrs for $21 Mil). Just seems like a pittance compared to what they could get in return. Considering the Sox have the superior minor league organization at the moment, it's awful hard to argue they don't know what they're doing in signing Moncada for $63 Mil.

PS - its also not much more than they paid out for Kei Igawa back in 2006. Adjusted for inflation, that total outlay was about $56 Mil. Meanwhile, according to Forbes, Yankees revenues were $461 Mil in 2014. And I'm not sure that includes revenue from the Yes Network. Suffice to say, I'm not sure the Yankees would even notice if someone made off with $9 Mil. Nevermind paying it out for a player like Moncada

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Looks like Yu DArvish is going under the knife with TJ surgery.

I do expect Mas Tanaka do do the same at some point.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Every time I see Yankees #2 prospect Aaron Judge he makes his teammates look like midgets.

#hugemotherfugger

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sox send ROY candidate Rusney Castillo to Pawtucket. Didn't see this one coming but then I am not following the daily Red Sox news and notes. But this seems like a shocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom