The Official Roll Ovah 'nova Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

The Official Roll Ovah 'nova Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
We will take the win but that Nova team was not good. Worst tackling team I've seen in years. I hated, hated, hated our passing game except for that last scoring drive. But I love me some Ron Johnson, I demand he gets 20 carries a game.

Reaction Score
He throws a lot of balls behind or dead on to his TEs. That must improve and i believe it will.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
I threw it out there in the heat of the game so it may have been missed, but any idea where Ormsby was?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He throws a lot of balls behind or dead on to his TEs. That must improve and i believe it will.
The 63 yard strike saw Tommy Awesome rotating backwards to bring the ball in. A great catch and yardage after.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Win's a win. Might not have even been that close if not for that bonehead penalty that gave Nova new set of downs in the red zone.

Add in an FG before the half instead of an Int, and Uconn won pretty easily.

Far far cry from our last 2 FCS opponents. We were about at Stony Brook's level last year.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
We will take the win but that Nova team was not good. Worst tackling team I've seen in years. I hated, hated, hated our passing game except for that last scoring drive. But I love me some Ron Johnson, I demand he gets 20 carries a game.
He got over 20 carries but only 69 yards. Not great

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Newsome saved Johnson's ass with the TD

You are such a Newsome homer, it's getting old. He's great and we're happy to have him, but you're not going to be taken seriously if you keep it up.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
You are such a Newsome homer, it's getting old. He's great and we're happy to have him, but you're not going to be taken seriously if you keep it up.
His play won us the game. his play will speak for itself. I don't care if you take me seriously or not. His TD was the difference in the game but if you can't see that then sorry.

Reaction Score
I couldn't "unlike" this any more. You must be fun at parties.

Eh, just think he could tone down the manic bullspit like 1 or 2 notches. Its great he's a motivator, I get it. But, We had two crucial penalties that each nearly cost us the game, and couldn't manage a hectic end of first half drive with any composure.

A team takes its personality from the coach. He needs to just chill a bit.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
His play won us the game. his play will speak for itself. I don't care if you take me seriously or not. His TD was the difference in the game but if you can't see that then sorry.

I'm not arguing that. But I'm tired of the "nyah nyah nyah Johnson sux!!!" bulls.hit that you feel compulsed to inject into your posts. That's bush league, champ.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
I said Johnson sucks? I said he is no Arkeel and that was proven again tonight. Johnson had 23 carries for 69 yards. He ran hard but again he can't take it to the house like Newsome. If you read my post about the game I said Johnson ran hard and played well. If you can show me where I said he sucks I would like to see it. Thanks

Reaction Score
Eh, just think he could tone down the manic bullspit like 1 or 2 notches. Its great he's a motivator, I get it. But, We had two crucial penalties that each nearly cost us the game, and couldn't manage a hectic end of first half drive with any composure.

A team takes its personality from the coach. He needs to just chill a bit.
The guy has clearly invested a lot of time and effort into a team that has been in the S***er for the past four years. If he wants to pump his first after winning the first game of the season, I'm all for it. Don't confuse excitement with satisfaction.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
It's a win and we would have not beaten Nova last year so things are slowly getting better.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
What's with all those cute Husky dogs running and barking on 3rd downs? Not very intimidating, but yes its better than the dog screech and the Dog Pound DJ.

Reaction Score
bmayuc said:
Oh, how low the standards have fallen.

They are better than at least three other teams on our schedule.

Reaction Score
Final score should have been 20-9. WTF was #93 thinking?

Diaco handled the end of the first half poorly. That was ridiculous. Could have been 27-9!

Reaction Score
I said Johnson sucks? I said he is no Arkeel and that was proven again tonight. Johnson had 23 carries for 69 yards.

Arkeel made a great play on the catch and run.

However, he had three carries for 1 yard on the game. His longest carry was four yards, his two other carries went for negative yards. Those numbers hardly prove he's better than Johnson.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Final score should have been 20-9. WTF was #93 thinking?

Diaco handled the end of the first half poorly. That was ridiculous. Could have been 27-9!

There was 12 seconds left and he had a timeout in his pocket if that pass didn't get in the endzone. Would have been 4th down, and you kick the FG. He managed it just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom