THe Official Make a Spartan Start Shartin' Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

THe Official Make a Spartan Start Shartin' Game Thread

Reaction Score
We need to start making shots.

Adams was hot in the first half, but Larrier was terrible and Vital looked bad also. Gilbert is up and down.

Recruiting has not prioritized shooters in the way that it should have.
wow! now that you mention it i dont even remember vital being in the game. jeesh

Reaction Score
Is Sid Wilson a good shooter? I know it's probably a lost cause but perhaps there will be a miracle with the NCAA.

Reaction Score
UConn getting to line, but IMO, stat that has to even out is MSU has 10 more shots than UConn, although only 2 more offensive rebounds.
That's what happens when you turn the ball over as much as they have.

Reaction Score
wow! now that you mention it i dont even remember vital being in the game. jeesh

Vital is the most puzzling player to me right now. A confident player with experience who should be able to benefit playing with JA and AG to get open 3's. But nothing so far in Portland.

Reaction Score
That's what happens when you turn the ball over as much as they have.
The good/bad news is most of those turnovers if not all were not forced by much st. It isn’t anything much st is doin, it’s just carelessness with the ball

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Nike unis. I would imagine. I kinda like em as an alternate, but we should go back to our roots after this game.
The black letters and trims are in honor of PK, favorite color I believe.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
And yet, we are only down 1 at half to the 4th ranked team in the country.

LET'S GOOOO

Reaction Score
More importantly, KO needs to have the awareness and willingness to call a timeout in the first 2-3 minutes if things go sideways off the bat.
I love KO, but he needs to call TO’s when they get in trouble... he never has/does.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The black letters and trims are in honor of PK, favorite color I believe.
I figured it had something to do with the tourney.

Reaction Score
Didn't like the offensive rebounds MSU was able to get near the hoop. Too many second chance tries for the Spartans because UConn got beat rebounding.

Reaction Score
The first 5 minutes will be crucial Ollie better make some adjustments because you know Izzo will.

I don't think that's the case. MSU was getting inside at will the last 5-6 minutes and our defense was able to contest a lot of it. They've already shown what they want to do, Ollie just needs to adjust to try and deny the entry.

Larrier isn't comfortable because MSU has the length to face up and he doesn't move well enough with the ball in his hand to separate. KO just needs to run sets to create catch and shoot opportunities for him, whether it be from 3 or in the high post.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You ever notice how every coach against us says “ well we didn’t play well”
Yeah, there's reason for that.

When I watched Duke-MSU, I thought we'd get slaughtered.

Nope. We belong.

I like watching the defense & rebounding as they develop. There's no current reason to believe they'll shoot well in the second half, but I hope for it & victory.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
We need to establish JA as the primary ball handler. We're going to be turnover prone when nobody occupies that role.

Reaction Score
Great D, making it ugly. UConn being really physical and they don't like it. That's good. Change the script and move the ball more in the 2nd half, play the same D and it's a win.

Reaction Score
If Terry isn’t hitting shots he sure as hell better rebound.

Jeff Goodman the POS he is wanted Izzo to say he didn’t like the refereeing but T deflected it immediately. Hey Bridges fouls were both fouls good calls FO Goodman.

Reaction Score
TL, at least right now, doesn't look like he's ready for the big time. Reality is he's a SO. though.

He's 22 years old, academically a senior.

Relatedly, how does a guy who's been in major college ball for 4 years have the physique of an 18-year-old? Look at how easily guys back him down in the post.

Reaction Score
I love KO, but he needs to call TO’s when they get in trouble... he never has/does.

It's not like the old days when you had 5 time outs or could use 4 in a half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom