The Official, Encore Performance, Maize & Blue Bandwagon Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official, Encore Performance, Maize & Blue Bandwagon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
paging that Spike dude that was everywhere 1st half

They stayed with him too long. He was causing a defensive problem because Hancock could throw Siva alley-oops over the top of him, and Ville wasn't losing him any more on the other end. Should have gone back to Hardaway.

Reaction Score
On the bright side, Louisville will be in the ACK for one season.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Well played game by both teams. Louisville playing a little more D so far, which is the difference.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Behannan is playing like he has had about 2 too many red bulls. Missing wide open layups, and even that last put back almost hit the top of the backboard. Then he jumps over the Michigan player.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Did anyone think the white guy on Louisville just picked up his pivot foot before they got the timeout in there? (1:11 mark).

Reaction Score
Well unfortunately for Michy 2 of the biggest plays were the Hancock 4th foul undercut w/11 mins to go not called on him and the Burke block called a foul. Still a great game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Sometimes you just have to scratch your head at the coaching decisions guys make.

Down 4 with 50 seconds left and they need 2 fouls to get into Louisville into the bonus.

They wait 20 seconds and foul the best foul shooter on the team.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
When did this board become such a bunch of crybabies? The officiating has been fine.

Beilein just flushed about 30 seconds of game time down 4 with under a minute left. I don't get why so many good coaches have such huge issues with clock management.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
NO Chris Webber to blame this time.

Reaction Score
congrats to Lville, well it makes for a more intriguing story line tomorrow night

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Congrats to Siva

Reaction Score
Well at least now they can over-promote Ville's appearance tomorrow night so more people can watch us put the exclamation point on another Women's Championship. Not terribly disappointed in the last BE Champion here.

Reaction Score
Karma and Cosmic Justice demand the Big East sweep both titles. Couldn't happen any other way.

Reaction Score
When did this board become such a bunch of crybabies? The officiating has been fine.

Beilein just flushed about 30 seconds of game time down 4 with under a minute left. I don't get why so many good coaches have such huge issues with clock management.

Beilein is a very good coach, not a great one. He had little March Madness experience coming into this season.

He went up against a great one tonight.

Reaction Score

The second half was fine. The first half was a joke. Missing goaltends, blatant kicked balls, guys getting undercut, guys standing up with the ball and not getting called for walks, guys getting wrapped up by defenders and being called for travels, that second foul on Burke which was third-grade level officiating, Hardaway goes out of his way to give a defender a stiff arm on his way to the basket, etc.

You'll notice that some of those calls went in each direction. I went into the game leaning towards rooting for Ville, found myself rooting for Michigan in the middle, and ended up happy for Ville after going through the Ware injury. Without a bet. I just couldn't believe that a national championship crew couldn't see stuff that was obvious.

Reaction Score
The second half was fine. The first half was a joke. Missing goaltends, blatant kicked balls, guys getting undercut, guys standing up with the ball and not getting called for walks, guys getting wrapped up by defenders and being called for travels, that second foul on Burke which was third-grade level officiating, Hardaway goes out of his way to give a defender a stiff arm on his way to the basket, etc.

You'll notice that some of those calls went in each direction. I went into the game leaning towards rooting for Ville, found myself rooting for Michigan in the middle, and ended up happy for Ville after going through the Ware injury. No bets - no rooting interest. I just couldn't believe that a national championship crew couldn't see stuff that was obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom