The Official 2015 Mets Thread | Page 31 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Mets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love Murph. Bonehead base path plays and terrible fielding aside. Guy can hit and relishes big moments. I hate to say this, but I keep telling my Yankee fan friends, he'd be perfect for them. In their stadium he will hit 20 hrs, bat .300, play a competent 2nd and 3rd base.

Reaction Score
Someone has to explain that call where Utley doesn't touch second and gets to rejoin the bases.

Let alone after such a filthy play (not at all surprised an ex-Phillie was behind it)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Can take the boy out of Philly but can't take the Philly out of the boy.

Karma is a bitch. I just hope the Mets get to deliver it before the umps issue a warning.

I wish appealing the game was a real potential option here. I don't think anyone who understands the game could support that ruling.

It wasn't a slide, period.

I'd say that I hope Utley gets seriously injured, but he's a scrub bench player on their team so it really doesn't even matter. That's what makes it even more of a bush league play.

Gutless coward.

Reaction Score
Can take the boy out of Philly but can't take the Philly out of the boy.

Karma is a bitch. I just hope the Mets get to deliver it before the umps issue a warning.

I wish appealing the game was a real potential option here. I don't think anyone who understands the game could support that ruling.

It wasn't a slide, period.

I'd say that I hope Utley gets seriously injured, but he's a scrub bench player on their team so it really doesn't even matter. That's what makes it even more of a bush league play.

Gutless coward.
Just blew my mind hearing Darling say that the baseman has to defend himself and Ripken saying it was a "hard clean slide". When Utley doesn't even attempt to touch the bag and initiates his slide after already passing the base.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Now they're talking about suspending Utley. What good is that going to do?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ok, time to move on to the game.

Despite being eligible to play while appealing, and despite his far superior career numbers against Harvey, Utley is not in the starting lineup for tonight's game.

Predictions? Will the Mets be so amped over this that they lose focus and blow the game?

Will someone else take the hit in Utley's place, i.e., does Seager get a 98 mph fastball to the head?

More than anything, I just want a win. A good, clean win. I kind of like Tommy John's advice to talk like you're going to retaliate, but don't. That probably has a better chance of messing with more of them mentally than anything else will, if they have to think about it every time they stand at the plate.

If I had to guess though, now knowing that Utley isn't starting, I could see a Robles quick-pitch coming at him high and tight in the later innings. Him and/or Seager.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
More than anything, I just want a win. A good, clean win. I kind of like Tommy John's advice to talk like you're going to retaliate, but don't. That probably has a better chance of messing with more of them mentally than anything else will, if they have to think about it every time they stand at the plate.
Check. Now let's close it out tonight.

Nice to see the offense get clicking, although doing it against Kershaw is another story. Maybe having seen him already this series will help, especially now that Cespedes seems to be seeing the ball very well again.

How great has the Grandy Man been?

Matz is the wild card. Really no idea what to expect from him.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
DeGrom doesn't have it and Duda is so baaaaaaaad. And our Captain.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
6 outs to go!

Can you smell what the Mets are cooking?

Alum86

Reaction Score
Please Keep Thor in.
Cuban needs to hit. He got dudaitis

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Thor threw hammers that inning.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Nice 8th Familia. Heart in throat, let's get sone insurance.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Already singin' "We are Famil...ia"!!

Alum86

Reaction Score
Duda suxass. God he is horrible

Alum86

Reaction Score
No walks in 9th. Please.
Already conceiving we do not score in 8th

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Howie Kenrick...least intense at bat ever?

Reaction Score
Degrom battled his ass off now tonight! Had runners in scoring position every inning he pitched except his last. Always buckled down though. And Murphy, dude just loves the big spot!!!!

Let's Go Mets!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger