The offensive spacing was the best we seen this year. | The Boneyard

The offensive spacing was the best we seen this year.

Reaction Score
We really opened an opponent's defense and that made everything work better. Our bigs had room to work. Our guards had room to drive.

Would still like to see them go more aggressively to the rim. Both the bigs and the littles. It looked like a real offense concept today. And I also think the spacing helped the offensive rebounding which played an important role.

Reaction Score
KO seems to be figuring this out and pulling himself out of a personal and professional abyss. Let’s back him and the team. They are showing the ability to counterpunch. For now, I’m satisfied that they are working hard and getting better. Let’s go KO!

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The two biggest differences I've seen over the last few games:

1) The bigs are playing at a much higher level. Whaley and Carlton have improved so much, and even Onoroah gave some good minutes today.

2) Christian Vital is playing much more under control. He's not chucking up 3s every time he touches the ball, he's driving the ball effectively, and he seems to come up with one or two big steals every game.

Reaction Score
I have recently noticed the team goes into a weave motion just before they go into their offensive sets. It is a great way to get the team into a flow and makes the players move without the ball.

Reaction Score
We really opened an opponent's defense and that made everything work better. Our bigs had room to work. Our guards had room to drive.

Would still like to see them go more aggressively to the rim. Both the bigs and the littles. It looked like a real offense concept today. And I also think the spacing helped the offensive rebounding which played an important role.

Aggressively to the rim yeah you caught that one right. A few times Larrier settled instead of going hard, but I guess even he knows his lack of handle may be better to back off rather than an open jumper. But there was 18 feet between he and the hoop at least twice. Whey did it too once or twice, attack please.

Reaction Score
The two biggest differences I've seen over the last few games:

1) The bigs are playing at a much higher level. Whaley and Carlton have improved so much, and even Onoroah gave some good minutes today.

2) Christian Vital is playing much more under control. He's not chucking up 3s every time he touches the ball, he's driving the ball effectively, and he seems to come up with one or two big steals every game.

*1) Who is the "BIGS" coach they are sneaking in because we know 2 things, we don't have a bigs coach and Ollie can't coach? You must be seeing things Rico.:eek:

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
The Carlton post shot to open the game and the DO left hand hook in the lane had me cheering the hardest I have in a long time for this team. 2 smooth post plays? Those are things I feel like I haven't seen in years from the front court...maybe since the days of AO in 2011?

Reaction Score
Couple of differences.

I think they've finally settled on a front court rotation. Took a little while to realize that Whalley is really, really, really good. I think he's been a pleasant surprise and he needs to get as many minutes as possible heading forward. Carlton is fine as a big. And he'd get better. But he's a freshman who's just being asked to do a lot more than what he's capable of doing at this point. That's the reality of it. He'll be better for it, but it's just going to take a lot of everyone taking the bad with the good and understanding it's part of the process. Diarra is raw. He fouls too much. But he brings energy and is a nice 1st/2nd option off the bench *for this team*. He's going to have to get better, but that's all figuring itself a bit and these are the three i'd be rolling with. I'm sorry, even though he hasn't been a trainwreck of late, DO is just not a good basketball player. Seems like a great kid, but he's basically just a live human being on the court.

Guards have spaced things out a lot more. They're looking for extra passes. There's more effort. There's more liveliness from the tipoff.

So i'm pleased with the progress they've shown the last few games, but this is the soft part of their schedule. I'm being realistic that they're probably due for getting their doors blown off by the big guns in the conference and Villanova. They've got a loooong ways to go. But i'll take the positives for now.

Reaction Score
Aggressively to the rim yeah you caught that one right. A few times Larrier settled instead of going hard, but I guess even he knows his lack of handle may be better to back off rather than an open jumper. But there was 18 feet between he and the hoop at least twice. Whey did it too once or twice, attack please.

Mau, think he still doesn't have confidence with contact. And poor handle.

Reaction Score
The Carlton post shot to open the game and the DO left hand hook in the lane had me cheering the hardest I have in a long time for this team. 2 smooth post plays? Those are things I feel like I haven't seen in years from the front court...maybe since the days of AO in 2011?
Carlton’s made shot to start was a big shot.
Tulane had to play him and Whaley and not just pack in
The Tulane defensive spacing made it easy picking for JA .
The guy that jumped out at me was DO in limited action.
Until tonight he literally could be guarded by a chair.
Too bad nobody ever taught him to play basketball at Cornell because he is one strong man. If he could get a little better offensively especially on the offensive boards that’s a game changer
Love Whaley’s defense and Babyface Carlton is also going to be a player.

Reaction Score
It was Tulane. Let's see the next 6 games
Agreed. Beat Memphis tomorrow and play a respectable game vs Nova (FYI I consider the WSU performance "respectable"...) and I will be ready to admit that maybe Ollie is (finally) turning a corner. His team needs to beat Temple and since SMU is at home, that will show us a lot too.

Reaction Score
It was ECU let's see the next game.
It was UCF let's see the next game.
It was Tulane . Let's see next game.
ECU, UCF and Tulane aren't the strongest trio on the sched. That said, the team looked really good last game. Clearly a notch above any other game I have seen this season. Excited for the next game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom