The Offensive Line Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Offensive Line Thread

Reaction Score
Exit 4’s comment in the 8/14 practice thread about the D line having a better day than the O line gets me nervous again. Hopefully he is right that our D line is just going to be really really good. I could not go yesterday, so can others chime in about where the OL is right now based on what they observed?

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Exit 4’s comment in the 8/14 practice thread about the D line having a better day than the O line gets me nervous again. Hopefully he is right that our D line is just going to be really really good. I could not go yesterday, so can others chime in about where the OL is right now based on what they observ
I am not sure I would read much into it. RE would never show much in an open practice and it looked like there were certain things they were working on that limited the offense.

Reaction Score
I am not sure I would read much into it. RE would never show much in an open practice and it looked like there were certain things they were working on that limited the offense.

Sounds like a description of his regular season games too

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
Sounds like a description of his regular season games t
Coaches tailor the book to the players they have. We have had a limited roster -so the playbook has to be limited.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Probably easier to do that on a 3rd and 20 than it is on 1st and 10. From what I saw of the game RvD played well, Niedrowski did relatively well and the right side / Center really struggled to protect and get push.

Did any of those grading services do anything for this game? I'd be interested in knowing if my observations match up with their professional eyes.

Reaction Score
Probably easier to do that on a 3rd and 20 than it is on 1st and 10. From what I saw of the game RvD played well, Niedrowski did relatively well and the right side / Center really struggled to protect and get push.

Did any of those grading services do anything for this game? I'd be interested in knowing if my observations match up with their professional eyes.

I noticed a comment on Ryan’s performance in this NFL Draft Countdown story…

- > 74 OT Ryan Van Demark: Van Denmark is the only offensive player on the UConn team that has any chance of playing in the NFL next season. The 6’7” 302-pound senior showed a solid base. Van Denmark has good arm length and is aggressive through the whistle. At no point during the game against Fresno State did he even give up a single pressure. The only real knock I have on Van Denmark is that I think he could stand to add a little more power to his game. <-

Reaction Score
I noticed a comment on Ryan’s performance in this NFL Draft Countdown story…

- > 74 OT Ryan Van Demark: Van Denmark is the only offensive player on the UConn team that has any chance of playing in the NFL next season. The 6’7” 302-pound senior showed a solid base. Van Denmark has good arm length and is aggressive through the whistle. At no point during the game against Fresno State did he even give up a single pressure. The only real knock I have on Van Denmark is that I think he could stand to add a little more power to his game. <-
Van Demark had a great game. Haynes has a little bit of a mean streak in him. I hope he keeps it up. He will probably get a couple penalties this year for still going after the play is over, but I like his attitude for the OL.

Reaction Score
Need better play from right tackle and center. Our biggest issue last week was first down and first down in particular in the first and second quarters. Pre snap penalties, at least one hold, negative yardage on run plays and incomplete passes.....we were playing behind the sticks the entire first half it seemed. I was a one trick pony pointing this out in the game chat but I firmly believe that our first down woes were the major contributor to the piss poor offense......even more than the wrong shoes! :)

Reaction Score
Need better play from right tackle and center. Our biggest issue last week was first down and first down in particular in the first and second quarters. Pre snap penalties, at least one hold, negative yardage on run plays and incomplete passes.....we were playing behind the sticks the entire first half it seemed. I was a one trick pony pointing this out in the game chat but I firmly believe that our first down woes were the major contributor to the piss poor offense......even more than the wrong shoes! :)
This was my sense watching it live and confirmed after watching again. When they realized Lundt was struggling they picked on him. Walker definitely struggled at times too.

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
This was my sense watching it live and confirmed after watching again. When they realized Lundt was struggling they picked on him. Walker definitely struggled at times too.
Lundt's first game- he has upside and will do better. I was surprised we didn't help him with a RB staying home or chipping the lineman on the way out or having a TE help Lundt with the rush.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom