The offense look dead with Mac at the controls | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The offense look dead with Mac at the controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We all get that McEntee is not Dan Marino, but the drops by the receivers were horrendous. McEntee is not exactly throwing Favre-type bullets. These are slow motion, shot put passes that most 11 year old girls could catch cleanly. 2 of I. Moore's 3 drops, Griffin's drop, and Williams' 2 hit the receiver directly in the numbers. K.Moore's drop early in the 3rd at the Louisville 18 was a great throw by McEntee. I know K. Moore dropped another and McCoombs had a drop, but I can't remember the specific plays.

Reaction Score
Let's say there were no drops today. Johnny Mac would have been roughly 28-42 for at least 350 yds.

Even with 3 drops he's still 25-42 for over 300 yds.

I'd take that every week. Wouldn't everyone else?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Let's say there were no drops today. Johnny Mac would have been roughly 28-42 for at least 350 yds.

Even with 3 drops he's still 25-42 for over 300 yds.

I'd take that every week. Wouldn't everyone else?

Bingo. Two of I Moore's drops were 15 yard gains minimum and McComb's drop on the screen towards the end was good for another 10-15 yards.

The long completion to I Moore by McEntee should have been six and the underthrow by McCummings to Griffin would have been six as well.

Play calling was good enough where we could have had 3 TD's where there wouldn't have been a L'ville defender in the picture.

Reaction Score
Even when he throws a decent pass, we drop it. But that doesn't excuse the fact, he still throws way too many awful passes. He still can't read the blitz. He still never takes advantage of field position. And how many false starts are on him?

L'ville's true freshman looked better than Mac. I wonder where we can find a true freshman?

But I guess it's too much to ask that we chance QBs to get a spark. Pasqualoni prefers wet flint.

There were at least 8 dropped passes in that game, and they weren't tough catches - not a one. Had those catches been made Johny Mac would have had a 60% completion rate and would have thrown for over 350 yards. There is one place and one place only to hang this loss - I. Moore, K. Moore, N. Williams, R. Griffin and L. McCombs.

Williams wants the ball in the slot he better learn how to catch it! Those drops were huge.

Reaction Score
I have to for the most part give the coaches a pass on this game. To borrow from Randy Edsall, The players did not execute. That said the decision to go to laterals on the last play when a quick completion and a timeout would have allowed us to throw a hail mary into the end zone bothers me alot. It also looks like the long, juggled pass completion by Louisville should have been challenged.

This game hurts because it was so winnable.

Reaction Score
Alot of blame to go all around.

The receivers were terrible today however JMac has been lousy for the most part all year. I guess the coaches don't think Nebrich is ready.

Anybody confident going into a game that he will be able to execute plays to actually get us into the endzone without stalling at around the 35.
It's not his fault but he is not a D1 starting QB. The coaches are throwing him out there so he plays.

It's just painful to watch.

With just average QB play we would have at least 3 more wins and be bowl eligible.
I hope the staff is out looking for a late signing JUCO QB just in case.

I don't think anybody wants to see another season of this struggling offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom