The offense is the problem | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The offense is the problem

Reaction Score
Something that amazes me is that AJ is in his third year, a supposed gym rat and still has no pull up jumper. I really thought this would be the year he would have some kind of offensive game with jump shots and drives to the basket but it’s not happening. He has actually regressed

Reaction Score
Hurley said early on that the game plan was to be putting up 30+ 3's a game and now I think we're starting to see why. It looked brilliant when we were hitting them at a really high clip, but now that our numbers have come back to earth we don't look so great, and he clearly doesn't have many options/ideas on how to change up that strategy.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Hurley said early on that the game plan was to be putting up 30+ 3's a game and now I think we're starting to see why. It looked brilliant when we were hitting them at a really high clip, but now that our numbers have come back to earth we don't look so great, and he clearly doesn't have many options/ideas on how to change up that strategy.

30 3's is a goal, not a strategy. If he wants more 3's, he should play 2 bigs, but Hurley can't wrap his arms around the fact that having a bunch of players around the perimeter makes it easier for defenses to rotate and challenge 3's, slowing down his offense and reducing the number of 3 shots available.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I have a real issue with making shooting threes a goal instead of just getting the best shot possible. That only works for the Warriors. Sounds like a very lazy executed offense as it’s not hard to shoot threes.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I have a real issue with making shooting threes a goal instead of just getting the best shot possible. That only works for the Warriors. Sounds like a very lazy executed offense as it’s not hard to shoot threes.
When you haven't developed any type of midrange game strategy, what else is there but a chuck up or dump low strategy. Very shallow and lazy from this staff

Reaction Score
Guidelines are ok but play the game in terms of what the opponent tries to take away from you. Take good open shots whether they're in the paint or outside the arch.

Reaction Score
Same story, different year....hard to believe that we have wound up here after what we witnessed in the 1st 14 games.... It is like a time warp has occurred.... SMH

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Fox graphic showed that after starting 14-0 where we allowed opponents 59 points per game, we are now allowing opponents to score 75 points per game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom