The Off-Season is Finally Over!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Off-Season is Finally Over!!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not sure that I call being an Honorable Mention being an AA. I bet Honorable Mention would not get a player in the UCONN ring of fame.

But I do think she has the potential of being an AA this year, especially after having a full season to soak up the UCONN experience.
Correct, correct, and correct.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How many casualties were there? Are the recruits on campus now, or do they arrive tomorrow?

Milford, you aren't very optimistic, expecting casualties the first day?!? :eek: From what I understand about formal visits, they can be no longer than 48 hours in duration (someone correct me if I'm in error). Most visits begin with a Friday evening or Saturday morning arrival and end with a Sunday evening departure.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Nice but would have liked 20 minutes more.

The subject about a "Mount Rushmore" of the 4 greatest UConn players to date comes up from time to time. At the beginning of this video, a mural in the lobby of the Werth Center is seen which depicts Geno and 4 players: Maya, Diana, Rebecca and Stewie.

The painter of that mural didn't choose those players him/herself. I wonder who did decided on those 4? One person, or a group ? No one can deny the greatness of any of those players. Each one of them a giant in UConn lore. I know there are some BY'ers far and near that would make a substitution or two if it was up to them. I guess until there is an actual Mount Rushmore erected somewhere, this will have to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Milford, you aren't very optimistic, expecting casualties the first day?!? :eek: From what I understand about formal visits, they can be no longer than 48 hours in duration (someone correct me if I'm in error). Most visits begin with a Friday evening or Saturday morning arrival and end with a Sunday evening departure.
I was joking about the rigors of the first practice being a shock to the freshmen, but they saw some of that before the trip to Italy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The subject about a "Mount Rushmore" of the 4 greatest UConn players to date comes up from time to time. At the beginning of this video, a mural in the lobby of the Werth Center is seen which depicts Geno and 4 players: Maya, Diana, Rebecca and Stewie.

The painter of that mural didn't choose those players him/herself. I wonder who did decided on those 4? No one can deny the greatness of any of those players. Each one of them a giant in UConn lore. I know there are some BY'ers far and near that would make a substitution or two if it was up to them. I guess until there is an actual Mount Rushmore erected somewhere, this will have to do.
I noticed that too. I think it's a reasonable group of four. Rebecca's resume now includes being a UConn trustee and Naismith Hall of Famer. The year 1995 was the beginning of something new, and Rebecca had the starring role.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I noticed that too. I think it's a reasonable group of four. Rebecca's resume now includes being a UConn trustee and Naismith Hall of Famer. The year 1995 was the beginning of something new, and Rebecca had the starring role.

That two story mural in lobby that greets visitors as they enter the Werth Center, to this point, is the closest thing to a Mount Rushmore for the program that exists.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I can't wait for the 2017-2018 season to start. I am so deprived I have been watching UConn's women basketball all summer via DVR and YouTube. As you heard, I even watched the Mississippi game :).

Counting down the days!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A sellout!

What level of tickets is $55?

The circus is coming to town! Since Ringling Brothers disbanded, this really is THE Circus.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom