The Off-Season is Finally Over!!!! | The Boneyard

The Off-Season is Finally Over!!!!

Reaction Score
Practice has begun. The months of living with the Final Four defeat are over! FINALLY!!!

There are few years in the Auriemma Dynasty in which the team has been stronger to begin the season, few in which it has begun the season with a better bench.

The uncertainty regarding the starting five stems from a surfeit of talent: a transfer AA who is 6'6", the national high school POY, the #2 high school player a year ago who could take a starting position at PG, but wasn't outstanding last year.

And then there is Camara, a top recruit from Kentucky. Then the three other highly ranked HS players coming in. And that is all before mentioning three AA's from last year, and the starting PG for the Canadian national team! Odds on to win it all!!

But having said that, it is rare that we've looked beyond the season and seen more uncertainty. Not a single recruit for next year's team so far, while Baylor and Texas have snarfed up amazing talent- again. We're going to lose Gabby and Kia from the starting line-up. Z might possibly opt for the pros after this year.

So a best of times, worst of times (well, not exactly "worst") situation for this year and next.

But thank goodness that the off-season is finally over!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Whoop Whoop! Anyone with any news of today's practice will be greatly appreciated.

Recruiting ain't over until Geno says it is. There's still plenty of plums out there.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Whoop Whoop! Anyone with any news of today's practice will be greatly appreciated.

Recruiting ain't over until Geno says it is. There's still plenty of plums out there.
How many casualties were there? Are the recruits on campus now, or do they arrive tomorrow?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It's been about 20 years since I lived out there, did visit Chateau Ste. Michele Winery. Loved the Seattle area.

You might not recognize it. Massive growth (overgrowth?) in those 20 years.

Chelan, Yakima, areas like that in Central Washington have seen quite a transition from fruit orchards to vineyards. Still some fruit there, but it has shifted.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
It's been about 20 years since I lived out there, did visit Chateau Ste. Michele Winery. Loved the Seattle area.

Started drinking their Reisling 20 years ago and haven't stopped since.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Who won the sprint at the end of practice? My bet is on Mikayla because she got Jamaican heritage.
Ain't no one winning that sprint while Gabby and Kia are still there.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She was an AP Honorable mention AA following her sophomore season.....

Not sure that I call being an Honorable Mention being an AA. I bet Honorable Mention would not get a player in the UCONN ring of fame.

But I do think she has the potential of being an AA this year, especially after having a full season to soak up the UCONN experience.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom