The Odds of Paige Staying for Her Fifth Year Have Gone Up...Just Ask Her Mother! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Odds of Paige Staying for Her Fifth Year Have Gone Up...Just Ask Her Mother!

W

wolfe613

Why would she want to be playing college basketball at age 23/24? She'd be hurting her long term growth professionally. Also did it ever occur to you that maybe she doesn't want to be a pro basketball player for the rest of her life? Shocking I know there are some Ncaa athletes that don't graduate into a pro sport

Reaction Score
Whatever Bueckers does basketball will be a bigger factor than money, not that money won't be one. The other day an article about Taurasi's 9000th included a quote from her that made me think of Bueckers.

“It’s just another record that hopefully will be broken by someone who loves basketball and dedicates their whole life to it,” said Taurasi.

Trying look ahead 2 years in this world? :confused:

Reaction Score
After her junior season she gone. Azzi too.
Nope! Not going to happen! They both will be making good money and will want to match Stewie! Failing that, Dee!

W

wolfe613

Nope! Not going to happen! They both will be making good money and will want to match Stewie! Failing that, Dee!
didn't know you knew them personally and were making decisions for them

Reaction Score
Her endorsement deals will likely make her WNBA salary look like pocket change.

She will get the endorsements whether she stays or goes as long as she maintains her popularity, and she is really good at being popular.

Reaction Score
The question is, and I don't have the answer, would Paige think another national championship and playing at UConn, would be more enjoyable than the pros. It seems that would be a major factor to her,

I wonder what other former UConn players would have done if they could have made money in college. Which was more enjoyable, being a pro or a Husky and winning a NC?

Concerning making the Olympic team, she is probably going to know her chances in advance of 2024 by whether she is invited to the Olympic camps and how well she performs against the pros.

Fortunately, all this is years from now.

Reaction Score
Her endorsement deals will likely make her WNBA salary look like pocket change.

She will get the endorsements whether she stays or goes as long as she maintains her popularity, and she is really good at being popular.
WNBA salary not so important (though they are better for top players). Key is what she can make abroad. Havent Maya & DT made $1M playing in China/Russia? That's a lot to leave on the table.

Reaction Score
WNBA salary not so important (though they are better for top players). Key is what she can make abroad. Havent Maya & DT made $1M playing in China/Russia? That's a lot to leave on the table.
Could be right.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
If Paige stayed four years, I'd be happier'n a pig in slop.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Doubtful she stays 5 years. Extremely doubtful.
I'm not sure about that. With her potential NIL revenue, there is less pressure to move on. She may decide to extend college for an extra year, compete for (another) national championship and pick up a masters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom